4 day fascination any formal nights

toni1266

Hi, i'm used to sailing Celebrity but was in desperate need of a cruise and only had a few days to spare so i chose the fascination. I hear it's quite a party boat and frankly i'm looking forward to it. Although i do love the elegance that Celebrity provides i'm looking for a little more fun in my life at this point. I just want to make sure that before i leave my formal clothes hanging in the closet i would ask if there is a need for them on this ship. Also if you could give me any information i would so greatly appreciate it.

All Carnival cruises have a formal night, you will have one on a 4 night cruise... have fun!!!!

GoinCruisin... thanks for the information. I will be sure to bring a coctail dress with me.

Also, if you could answer a couple more questions i would appreciate it.

How does the sign and sail type card work? Do you give a credit card upon arrival and it gets charged to that? Are there towels at the pools or do they leave one in your stateroom? I'm sorry for the questions i feel like such an idiot. I've cruised 15 times but lately it's only been on Celebrity and i'm like a fish out of water. Can you request small tables say for two. I'll be sailing solo and don't know that i want to be a third wheel at a dinner table. I'm looking for a little fun and lots and lots of R&R.. One more, do you tip in cash at the end or do you add it to your stateroom bill? Thanks again...

QUOTE=toni1266]

How does the sign and sail type card work? Do you give a credit card upon arrival and it gets charged to that?

At check-in, you'll be asked how you'll secure your Sail & Sign account. I use a Visa debit card, but you can give any credit card.

Are there towels at the pools or do they leave one in your stateroom?

May be different on other ships, but on the Holiday and Sensation, towels were provided at the pool by an attendant and you returned them to her when leaving the Lido Deck. There WILL be big beach towels in your cabin, but it says they're for taking on shore. (If you lose one, there will be a $22 charge on your S&S account.):eek:

Can you request small tables say for two. I'll be sailing solo and don't know that i want to be a third wheel at a dinner table.

I'm also a solo cruiser (female), and I try to get a larger table for dinner, one that seats 8. The more people at the table, the livlier the conversation. You can see the Maitre 'd after boarding if you'd like a small table. He might be able to accommodate you.

One more, do you tip in cash at the end or do you add it to your stateroom bill?

The first entry on your S&S account will be the automatic tips that amount to $10 per person per day. This takes care of your cabin steward, your waiters at dinner, and the dining personnel in Lido buffet area.:) If you order room service, tip the delivery person $1 or $2 each time.

Hope you'll enjoy Carnival!

Cotton and Kevin... thanks so much for your help. It sounds just like all the cruises i've been on. I'm sure i'll be fine and i'll have a wonderful time. I'm not a picky person so things don't have to be perfect. I like fun and friendly and i'm good to go. So thanks again for all the help.

Hello,

We are going on the Fascination in October....when are you going?

Hi gogetter, I leave tomorrow morning about this time. It truly was a spur of the moment trip but i'm sure it will be great fun. I'll check back in upon my return..

Archived