Cape Liberty to Manhattan after a cruise?

warmwinds

Not sure exactly what question you're asking, but if you're traveling from Cape Liberty to Manhattan (say to a hotel) I strongly recommend booking a car service in advance.

These companies are often recommended here:

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

Is there something other than mode of transportation you're asking about?

All the livery transportation at Cape Liberty is either a prearranged pickup or is gotten through the transportation dispatcher. You can't just hail a cab, but you can go to the dispatcher and arrange a variety of transportation to a variety of places. So you can just get off the ship and get livery transportation to Manhattan. The price will be preset and tolls and tip will be extra.

Your other option is to prearrange a car service pickup. Usually there will be some leeway in this. Once you know what time you are getting off the ship, you can use your cell phone to call and confirm the pickup time. You can also go to guest services early in the cruise and tell them what time you need to be off the ship.

I like the sound of that option in your first paragraph. Thank you.

I've been on cruises where disembarkation was delayed for any number of reasons and did not want a car having to wait that I had arranged for in advance. Last time we arrived at Bayonne we were staying in New Jersey, I thought getting to New York would be a little different.

Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting from Bayonne to Times Sq or Penn station next November 2014.

My wife uses her electric wheelchair permanently and cannot transfer into a car or steps etc.

Not sure at present if we are going to stay in NY or get straight on the Amtrak to Jamestowne.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Darren :)

Archived