what will you recommend at STM

tobecool

Hi, guys,

this is our second time to STM, we only went to Orient beach for half of the day last time.

we'd like to do more this time, Bernards Tour may be one of our choice; but we also prefer to have more activities, like we did seedo last time at orient beach.

What will you recommend if we do something on our own?

thank you.

we are a group of 14, most want Orient Beach again, that's why I asked here if we take Bernett Tour which includes Orient Beach, and after this tour, do we have enough time to Moha Beach to see the plan? and if there is still time left for us to have the zipline? we did zipline at Labadee and Antigua, we like Antigua one more. Is the zipline in STM better than the Antigua one?

Any tour that you book can split your time between Orient Beach and Maho Beach without a problem, but I don't see how you could possibly also include a Loterie Farm Zipline in your visit, even if you COULD book it on your own.

gary

Hi, guys,

this is our second time to STM, we only went to Orient beach for half of the day last time.

we'd like to do more this time, Bernards Tour may be one of our choice; but we also prefer to have more activities, like we did seedo last time at orient beach.

What will you recommend if we do something on our own?

thank you.

FYI the abbreviation for St. Maarten is SXM. This is the airport code as well. just thought u might want to know. Enjoy Pinel island or sunset beach bar to watch planes land n take off. Market is nice on French side

Check out a great small company called "coconut reef" for small group excursions. Great boat called the Garfield for 10 pass to 4 great stops for snorkeling n swimming. Glass bottom kayaks also. U will love the personal attention. Tell Carla that Maria from NJ sent u!!!!

FYI the abbreviation for St. Maarten is SXM. This is the airport code as well. just thought u might want to know. Enjoy Pinel island or sunset beach bar to watch planes land n take off. Market is nice on French side

I'm not certain that there is an 'official' abbreviation for the island as a whole or for either side of the island individually. SXM does happen to be the civilian airport code for the Dutch side, but she's talking about Orient and such, and the airport on the French side is SFG.

What the airlines and the air traffic controllers actually use are the ICAO codes, where the Dutch side is TNCM and the French side TFFG.

Check out FlightAware.

BTW, your 'sunset beach bar' went out of business many years ago and has been replaced by the Sunset Bar and Grill. just thought u might want to know.

The Marigot Marketplace is most active on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

gary

I'm not certain that there is an 'official' abbreviation for the island as a whole or for either side of the island individually. SXM does happen to be the civilian airport code for the Dutch side, but she's talking about Orient and such, and the airport on the French side is SFG.

What the airlines and the air traffic controllers actually use are the ICAO codes, where the Dutch side is TNCM and the French side TFFG.

Check out FlightAware.

BTW, your 'sunset beach bar' went out of business many years ago and has been replaced by the Sunset Bar and Grill. just thought u might want to know.

gary

Well Gary I'm referring to the abbreviation that is used for merchandise on the island and I have never heard of STM before. I was just trying to give a newbie some info. The airlines use SXM as well so there must be some "official" use to SXM.

All of us will forever refer to the bar as sunset beach bar bc of all the great memories n I doubt the new owners would have any problem with that as long as it brings them continued business.

We always hit the market on Saturdays since most people r traveling on that day!!!

Have a great night.

Check out FlightAware.

gary

Gary she was referring to princess Julianna airport at Maho on Dutch side I don't know where u got French side from

Archived