From Royal Caribbean to P&O - thoughts?

spanner14

Hi

We've cruised mainly on RCI & Celebrity and went on our 1st P & O cruise in June this year, on Ventura.

The cabins (and beds) were great, the entertainment was good, service was so-so (a couple of times received the wrong meals), ship was immaculately clean but my main negatives were - the food & the ship. The buffet just doesn't compare (although we didn't go hungry, there wasn't the same selection), the evening meals were so-so) and the ship looked 'tired' compared (just simple things like the public toilets!).

We did enjoy the cruise but P & O wouldn't be our 1st choice. If an itinerary was good along with the price, we would go but all-in-all, I have to say that Celebrity 'ticks all the boxes' for us.

As far as the fruit for your daughter is concerned I would have a word with the Restaurant Manager on the first evening and I am sure he will do his best to help. I would do this rather than just asking the waiters. Hope this helps.

Hi,

On Azura this year you could have a smaller dish of a main meal as a starter if none of the other starters took your fancy. I would presume it would be the same on the other ships. :)

Well you can for the fish course, never seen it done for any other but never seen anyone refused. You can only ask.

I have done this regularly for fish.

Gan Canny

Dai

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Archived