Port Canavarel excursion to Disney??!

Hi, in the past when I've taken an excursion to Disney World from Port Canavarel, they had buses for each park (i.e. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, etc) so you got on the bus for the park you wanted. This was with Carnival. I hear that with RCCL, all buses go to Magic Kingdom and you have to make your way to other parks. Is this true? :confused: Thanks for your help! :)

This is a new one on me - haven't heard of such a shuttle. Since it's quite far to Orlando from Port Canaveral, the small amount of time moving from one park to the other should be negligible.

That being said, I'll bet they drop you off at the Transportation and Ticket Center (near the Magic Kingdom) which leads to all points Disney.

There is no way I'd pay the price for an excursion to a "park" in Orlando...there's simply not enough time to make it worthwhile. Doesn't matter if it's Disney or Universal....you just don't have enough time.

............which is not what the original poster asked.

There is no way I'd pay the price for an excursion to a "park" in Orlando...there's simply not enough time to make it worthwhile. Doesn't matter if it's Disney or Universal....you just don't have enough time.

All we have to pay for is the transportation ($35) --- we're getting into the park for free because one of my best friends is a performer in Festival of the Lion King and she's getting us in. So for only $35, I'll go hang at Disney for a few hours and see my friend. :)

You should definitely do it. You can use the parks ap to see wait times all together each time you enter into the park, if you want to do more than chill with the performer. (can I be a friend to?)

Just keep in mind that park hopping DEFINITELY takes more time than one would think, so factor that in. The monorails to MK go through the resorts. We sat at one for over 20 min one time, just sitting there. No idea why. We were hopping 4 times that day so I was really to drive the thing myself that day. We also were very close to missing dinner reservation time because of a monorail. And the buses? Well, we had THE hardest time to get one from AK to EP. Not sure why. and they stick it ALLLL THE way down at the end of the buses. We got excited every time we saw a bus...but it was always for Art of Animation resort. Like all of them. It took a long time to get our EP bus. And then when we did, we had to wait for the bus in front of us to change out drivers and they took their lalygagging time before our bus could pull forward and then let us off. We were there, we just had to watch from the bus for 10-15 min before he could open the door...

We still got all four parks and dinner and still had a blast. But just keep in mind that even the direct monorail lines can be held up. (And if you go from MK to EP, you have to change at TC first too!)

Archived