Help me find something to do

maighdeanmhara

Our group consists of myself and DH (26&30), our two sons (2 and 7 months) and my parents (60's). We are looking for something to do (besides the zoo & beach, as we are doing those at other ports) that would take 3-4 hours max, not be terribly expensive and fairly low impact.

Any suggestions? I'm not coming up with much. TIA

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion would be to stay on the ship that day. Other than the zoo, the beach and rainforest/jungle, there isn't much to do.

On port days, the Spa usually offers specials. Possibly you and your mother/mother-in-law could enjoy a nice massage or manicure/pedicure. The kids would have the pool/hot tubs to enjoy along with the few others who remain on the ship. Check with the cruise ship's kids camp to see if you would be allowed to use one of the rooms/toys/activities with your children.

This could also be a day for the guys to take off for some fishing and then giving the gals a break on some other port day.

Unless they have somehow put a pier in Belize, remember that the tender is one of the longest tender rides there is. If you really want to get off the ship, just go walk around the shops, have some "tourist" food and tender back to the ship.

Edited by Mrs007

• 3 weeks later...
Our group consists of myself and DH (26&30), our two sons (2 and 7 months) and my parents (60's). We are looking for something to do (besides the zoo & beach, as we are doing those at other ports) that would take 3-4 hours max, not be terribly expensive and fairly low impact.

Check out booking thru ShoreTrips, Have used them for years with no problems.

They have lots of ideas

Bob

Maybe you could get your parents to keep the children on the ship while you & your DH do something in Belize.

LuLu

~~~~

Mrs007's suggestion of everyone just seeing a little bit around the harbor and returning to the ship is a good one, and perhaps the parents and kids could return to the ship leaving you two some time for a small excursion together. That way everyone gets to see at least some of Belize.

We (a couple) have only been here once and spent most of our time at Goff's Caye and we are trying to figure out what we want to do in Belize this visit. So we can't offer suggestions, but I happened to see the suggestion that some of your family remain on the ship and I would just hate to have the parents and the 7 year old leave Belize without ever leaving the ship (unless they've been there before or have no interest of course).

Good luck!