Robes, which has the best

FillupD

I have seen where the robes are $75.00 each? That might be a little much for a souvenir.

The idea of wrapping them in plastic seems like a good idea. Like said above, some would never even be touched and laundry would be reduced. They could just stay in some kind of sealed wrappers after being laundered.

• 10 months later...

I think Carnival may be one of the only lines to put robes in EVERY cabin. I love them and find them soft and comfy. I usually use mine as a blanket for lounging about on the Serenity deck at night or watching the lido deck movie or wearing it to the hot tub (glass of wine in hand).

So far, the robes in my cabin have always been clean (I check and sniff for that familiar Carnival bleach/laundry detergent smell). I do however always leave my used robe in a heap on the floor in the bathroom on the last night so it's clear that it needs laundering.

I know it's just a small thing, but since Carnival is one of the few lines that still hand out chocolates and robes to ALL cabins, I'm staying a happy cruiser.

I think Carnival may be one of the only lines to put robes in EVERY cabin. I love them and find them soft and comfy. I usually use mine as a blanket for lounging about on the Serenity deck at night or watching the lido deck movie or wearing it to the hot tub (glass of wine in hand).

So far, the robes in my cabin have always been clean (I check and sniff for that familiar Carnival bleach/laundry detergent smell). I do however always leave my used robe in a heap on the floor in the bathroom on the last night so it's clear that it needs laundering.

I know it's just a small thing, but since Carnival is one of the few lines that still hand out chocolates and robes to ALL cabins, I'm staying a happy cruiser.

I agree! We have been on other cruise lines and had no robes - you need to have cruised a few times with those cruise lines to have that bonus! I think Carnival is the only line we have cruised with that has provided robes for every cruise. And they are not in the room the last night of the cruise so I am sure they are washed each cruise.

And for those asking about the robes in Spa cabins on Carnival - they are not as bulky as the regular robes and really soft, with the spa logo embroidered on the front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

They do make great blankets for taking a nap as mentioned before.

With all of the towels that get washed every day I am sure the robes get washed also. But not every day.

I have not seen a robe in one of our cabins that looked dirty. My wife would let me know if they smelled dirty.

We don’t use the robes a lot but they come in handy when room service shows up and you need something to put on.

I think everything in our cabins have been as clean if not cleaner than the hotels we have stayed in.

Often our Steward will bring clean robes in the day before our cruises end. He will just hang them in the closet.

We use ours all the time as those darn cabins are so cold.

What I check is if the sleeves are turned up the robe could not have been washed, but has been used lightly. I just tell our Steward that I want clean ones. He will say those are clean with a smile & I smile & repeat I want clean ones. GUESS WHO WINS.

Never are we nasty to the kids so don't start the flames.

Char

Our experience has been that they are collected the last night of the cruise also and I thought that would be to launder them. Never found one that looked as though it had been worn, but after finding hair on a "clean" bed in a hotel last weekend I certainly will give them the once-over this time.

We were on the Valor in May 2013, OV, I am not too thrilled with the "rough" feel of the robes in our cabin.

Thought I read somewhere that the robes are of better quality if you are in a Spa Cabin.

Can anyone confirm?

If yes, how much softer, better quality?

I think you can buy those robes also and (supposedly you get a brand new one).

We will be on the Breeze in December, Cove Balcony so even if the Spa Cabin robes are better, we might not be able to buy one through our room steward.

No idea how much they cost either, i.e. are they worth the price?

All comments appreciated.

You can order a "suite" robe on-line and have it delivered to your room on the first day. They are 50$. No idea about quality and/or comfort but it would be new. :D

Which line has the most comfortable robe?

In my experience, the most comfortable robes are on cruise lines that do not issue them to every guest. I think the robes on Princess, HAL and Carnival are awful and are too often worn, stained and not properly sized.

The most comfortable robes I've worn are on Celebrity, which is a line that only issues them to suites and upper Captain's Club members.

I love the robes and never had a questionable one. I do wonder about the one I don't use--I get the impression it doesn't get washed so I've started to mess them both up just so they both get sent to the laundry--I wouldn't want "seconds" if it were my cabin...

They make great blankets for taking a nap.

So funny. This is exactly what I've been doing lately for the exact same reasons. I wish everyone would do this.

The carnival robes fit me a bit oversized but I turn up the sleeves and it's fine. I have not received a scratchy robe yet. They shoot for "one size fits most" because it would be impossible to supply several sizes. I figure use them if you want or bring your own if you care too.