Dancing on Norwegian Jewel

crmc

We are considering cruising on the Norwegian Jewel or Carnival Sunshine with similar itineraries out of New Orleans. We like to dance and wondered which ship would have more opportunities for dancing with a live band (ballroom, swing, or other). What's available on the Jewel? (Also asked this question on the Carnival forum)

I think that pretty much only possibilities for that kind of dancing (lessons excluded) are on Epic and newer ships in aft MDR at selected times during dinner. Haven't seen traditional dancing at evenings anywhere else.

Haven't seen it. Usually for an hour or so a small band early evening in the Spinnaker lounge, which has a dance floor. You might see one or two couples dancing. Then, in the larger of the lounges/bars later evening, usually a band. Nothing large or of a more traditional ballroom type though.

I can't say I've seen a lot of dancing on NCL. There is some when the staff is on the floor but usually dies out right after.

It has been a long time since I've cruised carnival but I remember a lot (back then).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We have danced every time on everyone of our cruises. Mostly evenings in the spinneker lounge. Check free style dallies and you will find it. Some nights it is big band music, sometimes Frankie...but there is def dancing. I guess it also depends on the other passengers.. if they enjoy it or not. My dh and I don't care if we are the only couple on the floor, as long as we are enjoying ourselves, but more times than not, others have joined us

Enjoy

Safe sailing

Archived