Allianz Global Assistance

Dave_&_Lisa

This is the travel insurance that is offered through AAA. Has used them before or had any experience with them, good or bad? We usually get our insurance through the cruise line but are looking elsewhere this year. Any info or advise would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

I have used Allianz for the last 5 cruises. This summer after booking a cruise, my roommate's father became ill and would need surgery about the time of the cruise we planned in Canada. We each filed a claim with Allianz and had absolutely no problem. In fact, on Friday we booked a cruise for May and will be getting insurance through them again.

Be very careful if you take out travel insurance with Allianz or their associated companies. If you are 85 or over, or have a relative 85 or over and need to make a claim, they will not reognise the claim. We recently had that experience when our Mum passed away (aged 90) whilst we were overseas and had to cancel a major part of the trip and return home. We are pursuing the matter as it is blatant aged discrimination in a time when the retired and elderly should be allowed to travel with the comfort of knowing they can get proper travel insurance coverage. I would suspect many younger aged travellers (like ourselves) have elderly relatives as well

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. Do I understand you right? That your elderly mom died while you were on a trip and the company would not pay for your interruption because she was old??? Or was your mom on the trip with you? Sorry for my confusion...

Be very careful if you take out travel insurance with Allianz or their associated companies. If you are 85 or over, or have a relative 85 or over and need to make a claim, they will not reognise the claim. We recently had that experience when our Mum passed away (aged 90) whilst we were overseas and had to cancel a major part of the trip and return home. We are pursuing the matter as it is blatant aged discrimination in a time when the retired and elderly should be allowed to travel with the comfort of knowing they can get proper travel insurance coverage. I would suspect many younger aged travellers (like ourselves) have elderly relatives as well

That's one of the reasons I want to have the insurance. All 4 of my husbands and my parents are still around, all over 85. They're fine now, but we all know how that can change in an instant. I want the assurance that we can return home in a flash if something happens to any of them. Are you saying that this is what happened to you, and they wouldn't pay because of her age? Or did she have one of those famous "pre-existing conditions"