Tree Limin from Carnival and Botanical Gardens

heather6699

We are thinking about doing the Tree Limin ziplining excursion and since we are on the Carnival Valor it looks like we have to book through the ship. From the Tree Limin website it looks like the Botanical Gardens is right across the street. Does anyone know if the ship excursion includes this? I am guessing not. If not, do you think we can elect not to take the transportation back to the ship, go to the Botanical Gardens and just catch a taxi back when we are ready?

• 10 months later...

not sure if you are asking me or Heather, it worked great for us, they had some complimentary drinks out for us, we could use the restroom and wander around the gardens. the only problem was, some people in our group didn't want to spend as much time there as others did and our driver waited for everyone - not sure about getting your own taxi back, it is at the top of the mtn, but maybe a driver would let you catch theirs back the next trip....?

We loved it - they are very safety conscious and friendly, it was our first time and we will be doing it again. Have you ever zip-lined?

No, we have not. We are in Montana and there are some here but have not done it. The prices in St Thomas are comparable to here. Just thought the zipline will be a good memory.

How did you get to Tree Limin? Did you take a taxi? Any problems with that or recommendations? Thank you

Edited by familynew2cruise

I would definitely recommend you go. Originally we had made reservations directly with Tree Limin', it was less than thru Royal, but when I checked in to taxi costs ($40 RT) it was only $10 less than with Royal, so I went thru Royal and the taxi was included. Someone was waiting for us right when we got off the ship and walked us to their booth where we completed the waivers and could have a cold beverage while we waited. Also, many of the excursions are no longer allowed to book you direct if they work with the cruise line, so you may not have that option unless you tell them you aren't on a ship - and I would book it as soon as you can, there were only 16 people per excursion and we almost missed out on it (we got the last 2 spots). Have a GREAT time, let me know if you have any other questions

I would definitely recommend you go. Originally we had made reservations directly with Tree Limin', it was less than thru Royal, but when I checked in to taxi costs ($40 RT) it was only $10 less than with Royal, so I went thru Royal and the taxi was included. Someone was waiting for us right when we got off the ship and walked us to their booth where we completed the waivers and could have a cold beverage while we waited. Also, many of the excursions are no longer allowed to book you direct if they work with the cruise line, so you may not have that option unless you tell them you aren't on a ship - and I would book it as soon as you can, there were only 16 people per excursion and we almost missed out on it (we got the last 2 spots). Have a GREAT time, let me know if you have any other questions

We are doing Royal also on the Oasis but I don't see Tree Limin as an excursion. I wish they were as that would make it easier especially since you found they were basically same cost. Thanks again for the information

No, we have not. We are in Montana and there are some here but have not done it. The prices in St Thomas are comparable to here. Just thought the zipline will be a good memory.

How did you get to Tree Limin? Did you take a taxi? Any problems with that or recommendations? Thank you

Hey, we are Montana cruisers also....we are in Red Lodge where it snowed 3-4 inches last night...Sept 10th! :eek: Yup, that's why we cruise! :rolleyes::D