RCL Lounge vs. Captain' Club Lounge

berylde

We have enjoyed the hospitality of both Elite with Celebrity and Diamond with RCL. Both are very similar in many respects however we much prefer Diamond with RCL due to the lower numbers of eligible passengers, This I assume, due to the slightly higher qualification requirements. On our previous TA's with Celebrity the very high numbers of elite passengers nullified the intimacy and exclusivity of the hospitality in the RCL Diamond lounge.

Wow, you must have been very lucky when selecting your RC cruises. Don't worry, many RC cruises, esp. TAs, are swamped with Ds.

Agreed. I was a little surprised by the comment early in this thread of a bigger drink menu on Celebrity. I think Celebrity's is much more restrictive. It's a very short menu. In fact, I don't recall ever even seeing a menu on RCI. You just order your drink of choice. They'll make whatever they can with the alcohol they have.

When was the last time you were in a RCI DL? :confused: I don't ever recall having to get my own drink. They have dedicated cocktail waiters, just like on Celebrity.

On your cruise they had a bar on rollers that was outside on the balcony in the DL. I would stand in line or wait until no one was their. The had a dedicated bartender outside. Yes they had dedicated cocktail waiters. They were very busy. Having the 2 bar worked really great. This was on Indy. Richard

We have done both cruise lines and I feel that celebrity had the better drinks. Two weeks ago on the Indy we were refused bloody Mary's etc no martinies and limited beer bud ,Heineken and Amstel light had to use the overflow lounge as the tiny dedicated lounge was taken up by older folks who loved to save seats for their friends, the servers were excellent and looked the other way while I made my own drinks. Snacks were nothing to write home about.

We just got off of the Summit repositioning cruise to San Juan.

As noted the hours are shorter than RCI by 1 hour. We had the drink package as part of the 123 Go Promo so we had no problems. Those that did not have the drink package (and us) received 3 vouchers per person per night for 5 of the 7 nights of the cruise. The vouchers could not be used in the Dining Room or Michaels Club.

The appetizers were plentiful and a greater variety than we have seen on RCI. The waiter came to the table with a tray of appetizers and they came around often. In D Lounges I have seen the bar tenders so busy that they do not have time replenish the food items, so often the trays would be empty.

On RCI we did see the Beverage Manager and Future Cruise Manager come up to the D Lounge. On Celebrity, the room was full of stripes and they circulated around the tables. The "stripes" were far more visible on Celebrity. Even getting off the ship at port, they lined up and wished you a good day, never seen that on RCI.

• 4 months later...
Agreed. I was a little surprised by the comment early in this thread of a bigger drink menu on Celebrity. I think Celebrity's is much more restrictive. It's a very short menu. In fact, I don't recall ever even seeing a menu on RCI. You just order your drink of choice. They'll make whatever they can with the alcohol they have.

When was the last time you were in a RCI DL? :confused: I don't ever recall having to get my own drink. They have dedicated cocktail waiters, just like on Celebrity.

Paul,

Are you sure you weren't in the Concierge Club? There they bring you your drinks.

We were on the Enchantment in February and the drink menu in the CL is now very limited. There was a card on each table that told what alcohol was available. No mixed drinks like Tequila Sunrise, Mai Tai, etc. Very different from past cruises. There were two servers and they kept the snack area filled and brought us our drinks. They came around several times asking if we were ok. Good service.