Tour guide for Rotterdam?

GweninTX

We will be in port next May and are looking for a tour guide to take us to delft and the Keukenhof flower gardens. I am having issues with the ones I have found as they all want payment up front and they will not refund money if ship misses this port. Anyone know any that are more cruise oriented and know that we have no control when we miss a port?

• 4 weeks later...
We will be in port next May and are looking for a tour guide to take us to delft and the Keukenhof flower gardens. I am having issues with the ones I have found as they all want payment up front and they will not refund money if ship misses this port. Anyone know any that are more cruise oriented and know that we have no control when we miss a port?

We too will be in Rotterdam in May 2014 - we're staying a few days pre-cruise and also have a port call day on May 17. I'm looking into Tours by Locals for an alternative for our time in Rotterdam. We haven't used any of the guides for Rotterdam (it will be our first stay there) but we have used TBL often in many other ports and have had very good experiences for the most part. The company, and the guides, seem to be attuned to cruisers, and they also offer a very reasonable insurance program. They do require pre-payment, but are very good with refunds in the event that ports are missed.