Royal Princess BA or BD Balcony

FishOn55

I'm getting ready to book Royal Princess tomorrow. BA midship and BD aft cabins are both available on Riviera Deck 14.

Any thoughts if one location might be quieter, have a less busy elevator location or any other reason you might think of that one might be more advantageous than the other?

Not that it matters in terms of choice, the BD cabin is $60 less pp than the BA.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might provide.

I would assume that the aft cabin would have the less busy elevators. Since there are no midships stairs, logic says that those elevators would get more use. Also, I generally prefer to be aft (or forward, depending on ship layout) because I like motion -- midship would bore me!

Assume both cabins are beneath other cabins, so noise potential is not a factor, right?

I'd take a look at the places on this ship where I thought I'd be spending more of my time and see which ones are most convenient to which cabin.

I would assume that the aft cabin would have the less busy elevators. Since there are no midships stairs, logic says that those elevators would get more use. Also, I generally prefer to be aft (or forward, depending on ship layout) because I like motion -- midship would bore me!

Assume both cabins are beneath other cabins, so noise potential is not a factor, right?

I'd take a look at the places on this ship where I thought I'd be spending more of my time and see which ones are most convenient to which cabin.

The two cabins I'm considering are R445 and R702. After reading the

" Live From Royal " currently on this forum, the lack of stairs midship seems to be a real problem. My husband and I use the stairs a lot when we cruise. I'd hate to have to walk to the back of the ship every time I could not get an elevator midship. Think we'll take R702.

Thanks for your input!

My pleasure! R702 is just in the region I most prefer -- I like being close-ish to stairs and not far from the laundry for easy nipping in to do last-minute ironing (for me, there's no such thing as "advance" ironing!). Hope you have a lovely cruise; don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.

Archived