Rates for a last minute cruise

techgirl502

We are thinking about a last minute cruise. I am looking at the Nov 30 sailing out of Port Canaveral. Current prices in $910 for inside, $945 ocean view, $1050 Veranda. Any chances prices will go down if we continue to wait? And if so, how much do you think?

If there are specials to be available, they are probably already "out there." DCL doesn't do last minute fire sales like some other lines do. Specials are generally announced right after the 75 day mark (start of the penalty period). Some are available to anyone, others are restricted to CMs and their families, FL residents, military, etc.

I wouldn't expect a reduction from what you see now.

I'd doubt it. With only 4 ships and a dedicated customer base, Disney does not have the issues filling ships the other lines have. I won't say its impossible, but with that being around the holidays it would be extra unlikely to see a significant drop.

I have a travel agent that specializes in last minute deals on all cruise lines and sends me emails listing them a couple times per week. We just booked 4 nights on the Disney Dream for two people in a Deluxe Verandah room for $899 total including all fees. The deals are out there even on Disney if you can act quickly.

I have a travel agent that specializes in last minute deals on all cruise lines and sends me emails listing them a couple times per week. We just booked 4 nights on the Disney Dream for two people in a Deluxe Verandah room for $899 total including all fees. The deals are out there even on Disney if you can act quickly.

Yes but more than likely those were Fl residents rates for that price, correct me if I am wrong?

If it says *GT for the rate, that is the last minute sales rate. They get snatched up and that's generally as good as it gets (minus FLR, MIL etc.)

Believe me, they don't last long...

If the rates are listed as specific categories (Ie. 10C, 11B, 05A, 07A etc) then they are not necessarily last minute IGT/OGT/VGT sales rates. If that is the case, then you can wait to see if one is opened. However, there aren't any specific guarantees that they will open a GT rate if the ship is selling. Nov 30 is after T-giving so its not impossible but can't be relied upon either.

Yes but more than likely those were Fl residents rates for that price, correct me if I am wrong?

I have no idea but we are FL residents so maybe it was. What ever the reason it was a fantastic deal!!!

Archived