CD & Ents staff Destiny 2006

Hi Can you help?

I have seen somewhere on here talk of Gavin ACD is this him? (pic below)

Also who is the lady? She was CD at the same time and thirdly the young lad. (can't remember his name either!)

They were all aboard the Destiny on the first two weeks of the summer season beginning May 2006.

They were all wonderful and had some late nights chatting away to them.

Thanks in advance.

Where are they now?

TTFN Gx

Gavin.jpg.69724a6e6157379e3c7a5ad2e6e4fe42.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg.c77adbe30134b8cf33b68324efeb7b58.jpg

whoishe.jpg.6f0786f4918a097848bd7e368609189b.jpg

Hi Can you help?

I have seen somewhere on here talk of Gavin ACD is this him? (pic below)

Also who is the lady? She was CD at the same time and thirdly the young lad. (can't remember his name either!)

They were all aboard the Destiny on the first two weeks of the summer season beginning May 2006.

They were all wonderful and had some late nights chatting away to them.

Thanks in advance.

Where are they now?

TTFN Gx

Yes first one is Gavin Carroll - he went to Warner's for a time (I think Peel Entertainment who do the entertainment for Thomson also do Warner's) but I'm sure he's been back on board one of the Thomson ships again (perhaps last year). He was a great ACD - also became a CD for a while and maybe still is.

I think the lady might have been Sue Denny - does that ring a bell? I've heard of her - reports say she was very good indeed but I think she was also a solo performer and comedienne. Although we never came across her as a CD I'm sure she was a guest performer on one of the ships when we were on. She had a good voice too if I remember correctly.

Sorry the third guy isn't someone i recognise.

We were on the Destiny in July 2006 and Sue was the CD and she was fantastic. She set the bar for me and I haven't so far come across anyone who could touch her. I have never seen anyone work as hard as she did and she was multi talented too.

I am hopeless with names so thanks, Kruzseeka, for reminding me of her name.

Sue Denny that's her!! Can't remember if it was Sur or Susan.

She was very very good. Spoke to everyone she met, even if it was a quick hello/good-morning!

Sue & Gavin made our cruise. In fact all the crew did. Perhaps as it was our honeymoon we felt it was our best cruise.

Sue had a saying/catchphrase that she liked to use & for pax say to her. Can't remember it.

The third pic, the young lad was in the ET he used to do some of the quizzes in the evening.

We believe that "Keith" who is on one of the Sky TV travel channels (Planet C*u*i*e) was on Destiny at same time (May'06) I think he headed up the ET.

I thought I had a pic of him but its not on the pc.

Hope I've stirred up some memories, happy ones.

Ttfn Gx

Gavin is one of the Managers for Peel now.

He oversees a lot of the shows and fills in as CD when needed as holiday cover. He was on Celebration for a month last April, he enjoys doing this as it keeps his hand in and to be honest it's what he was he was born for.

It's frightening to think we first met him in 2001:eek:

Have heard of Sue Denny, but never had the pleasure of meeting her.

Don't know who the young lad is.

Keith does a good job on PC channel, at least he know his stuff and has visited many of the places he talks about. Can't say the same for some others on another well known channel, they are always getting basic facts wrong! How long has Limassol been in Turkey???

That would be Keith or 'Keef' Maynard. He was really good as CD. After leaving Thomson I believe he went to Cunard - Q.E. I think as Entertainment Manager which I believe is a separate role from CD on Cunard.

Gavin Chadwick also moved at about the same time to Cunard. When we first met him he was on the entertainments team but then moved over to Destinations Services then future cruises and went to Cunard as something to do with ports - excursions perhaps or port advice. I believe he's still with them on the QE from a recent FB comment. He says he still misses Thomson but he's happy in his job.

Sue Denny that's her!! Can't remember if it was Sur or Susan.

She was very very good. Spoke to everyone she met, even if it was a quick hello/good-morning!

Sue & Gavin made our cruise. In fact all the crew did. Perhaps as it was our honeymoon we felt it was our best cruise.

Sue had a saying/catchphrase that she liked to use & for pax say to her. Can't remember it.

The third pic, the young lad was in the ET he used to do some of the quizzes in the evening.

We believe that "Keith" who is on one of the Sky TV travel channels (Planet C*u*i*e) was on Destiny at same time (May'06) I think he headed up the ET.

I thought I had a pic of him but its not on the pc.

Hope I've stirred up some memories, happy ones.

Ttfn Gx

its Sue Denning not Denny, cant remember if Gavin was ACD or head of other entertainments that year, "Keef" was in the showteam along with Paul Fisher, cant think of a name for pic 3

I remember Sue, the first time we saw her she was assistant CD, I think it was on the Emerald, but I agree she was very good as CD always had a word for everyone. Has she left? I haven't seen her for years.

dont remember her working for Thomsons after that year on Destiny

If you watched " the Chase" quiz show on 24.10.13 then you will have seen one of the former Thomson Entertainment team beat the chaser and win £18,000 at the end.

Ben Phillips who is now a stage hypnotist was on the Destiny winter 2010/11 in the Caribbean and I think he came back to help out in summer 2011 on the ships too. The Dream from memory.

He did not have the beard etc when he was on the ships though so some of you may not have spotted him.

Archived