Liberty room 9200

mayabean

Has anyone stayed in the captains suite on the liberty? We originally booked an ocean suite on deck 7, however just got an upsell call for this suite. Any opinions on this room?

I have seen pictures of this cabin and I only can dream of staying in one. If you can afford the upgrade, DO IT!

Well we got a really good price on the ocean view suite months ago, and we thought the upsell was a fairly good deal...so after discussion for all of 5 minutes we said what the heck, why not? lol.......I just never heard much about the rooms, and only seen a few pics...but took the chance to splurge!

Has anyone stayed in the captains suite on the liberty? We originally booked an ocean suite on deck 7, however just got an upsell call for this suite. Any opinions on this room?

I've never stayed in 9200 on the Liberty. However, we had 9210 last year, which is a regular balcony cabin a couple of doors down. When we were out on our balcony, we could look directly onto the balcony for 9200. It is a huge square-shaped balcony that comes out over the bridge and was in our line of sight when looking to the right. Just know that the balcony for 9200 is not very private. People who are out on the "secret decks" on deck 8 can see down onto your balcony also. There are also those clear plexiglass wind barriers around that balcony that extend up several feet. The inside of the captain's suite is probably "sweet," but I didn't think much of the balcony because of the privacy issue. This is not a great picture of the balcony, but you get the idea. I was trying to take a photo of the horizon. I actually had to try a couple of times to get this photo since the occupants of 9200 were out enjoying their balcony and I didn't want to get them in the photo.

181819_4683814385293_1629924478_n.jpg

We stayed in 9200 a couple of years back. Did so based upon a review we saw here. Outstanding room(s). Wonderful view as well. As stated, the balcony is not all that private. the forward facing windows are fantastic. We have many pictures if you would like to see.

Thanks for that pic Lisa! And yes I read about the privacy issue, but it don't really bother me, still better than lounging around pool, lol. I hope its as great as i imagine. And jimbo5544, I would sure love to see some pics!! Thanks.

Thanks for that pic Lisa! And yes I read about the privacy issue, but it don't really bother me, still better than lounging around pool, lol. I hope its as great as i imagine. And jimbo5544, I would sure love to see some pics!! Thanks.

They are too big (pic size wise to download here). Send me an email and I will give you access to them on my shutterfly account. The room will always be a highlight for us (so was the cost:(). My email is imlovelace@comcast.net

Just know that the balcony for 9200 is not very private. People who are out on the "secret decks" on deck 8 can see down onto your balcony also. There are also those clear plexiglass wind barriers around that balcony that extend up several feet. The inside of the captain's suite is probably "sweet," but I didn't think much of the balcony because of the privacy issue.

We had the same room last November on the Valor. It was the best cabin we have ever had (and we once had the owner's suite on the Imagination). We had nearly 20 family members scattered across the ship sailing with us, and the cabin became the go-to place for us. Not too many cabins (or balconies) that can hold 20 people comfortably, and this one did it with panache.

Regarding the privacy of the balcony, the first third or so is very private, and that first third is larger than any other balcony on the ship. The rest of the balcony space is incredible; we often had fifteen family members out there enjoying the view and sea with no feeling of being crowded (we did do a number on the mini-bar, but you only live once!).

Inside the cabin, the best part to me was the floor to ceiling windows in the living room facing forward. Simply amazing, and not something one gets to see normally on the inside of the ship.

We loved it so much, we're booked in the opposite suite on the Glory for our next cruise.

Kevin C

Thanks for your input! I'm glad you were happy with the room, as I am sure I will be, although only 6 of us traveling together. I may have to round up some people for a party lol. And jimbo5544, I sent you an email about the pics. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Archived