Has anyone done the royal caribbean dolphin excursion in Georgetown Grand Cayman?

My husband and I are going on the freedom of the seas western September 2014. I initially wanted to do the dolphin excursion in Cozumel but my husband wants to go to mr sanchos. So now I'm trying to figure out if there is somewhere else that has a good dolphin excursion.

My husband and I booked the dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman. We both really enjoyed the experience. When we first got there we went to the turtle area across the road, we were given about 30 minutes there, was OK. Next was the dolphin encounter, it was great, we were able to interact with the dolphins. You get in the water one at a time and the dolphin will push you around on a boogie board and the next time it's your turn the dolphin will swim with you while you are holding on to his fin. I would definitely recommend this tour. We would do it again, the next time we are back in Grand Cayman. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...
My husband and I booked the dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman. We both really enjoyed the experience. When we first got there we went to the turtle area across the road, we were given about 30 minutes there, was OK. Next was the dolphin encounter, it was great, we were able to interact with the dolphins. You get in the water one at a time and the dolphin will push you around on a boogie board and the next time it's your turn the dolphin will swim with you while you are holding on to his fin. I would definitely recommend this tour. We would do it again, the next time we are back in Grand Cayman. Enjoy!

Hi Kathy,

Just wondering...

at this excursion, what did you do with your SeaPass and personal valuables while you were in the water with the dolphins??

Was this the one on the excursion website for Royal Caribbean that has dolphin encounter and then 7 mile beach? Did both people have to buy the tour? I'd love to do the dolphin encounter, but my husband is not interested in doing it. However, I would want him to tag along with me while I go. Any experiences?

This is what I see when I log in to my excursions for Grand Cayman:

Dolphin Encounter and 7 Mile Beach - GCF8

You will be thrilled making a splash on Cayman's Famous Seven Mile beach Strip and in our highly awarded Dolphin program. This is a once in a lifetime experience to come face to face with our playful dolphins. Kiss, touch and pet the dolphins in the waist deep waters of the Caribbean Sea. At your leisure, you can interact with exotic birds, find out about the sea creatures in our touch tank, browse our gift shop or simply relax and enjoy the view. Your next stop will be at Surfside Beach, located on the beautiful white sands of Seven Mile Beach. Soak up some sunshine, feel the sand between your toes and relax on a beach chair. Breath deep and remember you are on island time!

Enjoy a day interacting with dolphins and making a splash in the clear waters at Seven Mile Surfside Beach!

Take a short drive from Cayman’s capital, Georgetown, to our facilities. Start your tour with a stroll through our nature trail, where you can see authentic Cayman vegetation. Before or after your program mingle, hold or take a photo with our Exotic macaws, cockatoos and lovebirds. At your leisure, watch the dolphins play in their natural habitat, explore our gift shop or simply enjoy the view of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Don't forget to stop and visit our touch tank , where you can learn about a wide variety of sea creatures.

You will then be led to our natural lagoon where you will be given a brief orientation of your dolphin program. For the ENCOUNTER program, walk into our waist deep waters so our dolphins can welcome you with some fun filled splashes! You can sing, touch and exchange kisses with these amazing mammals, all from the safety of our submerged platform. All of these special memories will by captured for you by our team of photographers, so you can re-live the magic.

Your next stop will be at Surfside Beach, located on the beautiful white sands of Seven Mile Beach. Soak up some sunshine, feel the sand between your toes and relax on a beach chair with food, drinks and entertainment available for purchase at your fingertips. What a great way to spend to your day, an experience of a life time!

*Recommended for those less comfortable in water and children under 8 years old. For safety reasons, all children 5 years of age and under must be accompanied by a paying adult, with a one child to adult ratio.

Also has this one:

Dolphin Swim and 7 Mile Beach - GCI1

Enjoy the best that Cayman has to offer, the beautiful Seven Mile Beach and a fun dolphin adventure! You will be able to experience the once in a lifetime opportunity of interacting and swimming face to face with our beautiful bottlenose dolphins. Dolphin Cove's park offers an abundance of wildlife. Mingle with our exotic birds, hold upclose wild sea creatures from our touch tank or spot an iguana in our nature trail. Then stretch out and relax surfside as you enjoy the sounds of the waves, the warmth of the sun and the feel of the sand between your toes at Cayman's Famous Seven Mile Beach. Remember Cayman has 2 very different dolphin parks- choose Dolphin Cove the 'natural' choice.

Take a short drive from Cayman’s capital, Georgetown, past the beautiful white sands of Seven Mile Beach to our facilities. Start your tour with a stroll through our nature trail, where you can glimpse authentic Cayman vegetation and mingle with our Exotic birds. At your leisure, you can visit our touch tank, explore our gift shop or simply relax and enjoy the view of the beautiful Caribbean sea. You will then be led to our natural lagoon where you will be given a brief orientation of your dolphin program.

For those doing the Push, Pull SWIM program, hold your breath and plunge into the refreshing waters of our dolphin’s playground. You will then frolic, touch and exchange kisses with these amazing mammals. Come face to face with our dolphins as they push and pull you, belly to belly, on a ride in the deep waters of our lagoon. All of these special memories will by captured for you by our team of photographers, so you can re-live the magic.

After your program, take some time to view your photos, enjoy some refreshments or buy some souvenirs while waiting for your transportation to the gorgeous Seven Mile Beach.

*Recommended for strong swimmers 8 years of age and over.

Upon arrival to beach, relax and enjoy the spectacular view of the Cayman Islands from your lounge chair or take the plunge into the warm, crystal clear waters on the Seven Mile Beach strip.This spot was chosen with your comfort in mind and is conveniently located to the fun Surfside Bar and Grill. So grab a drink and remember, you are on island time!

**The order of this tour may be done in reverse

The first one is $89 and the second one is $95. I'm not sure what the difference is? Which one of these did you do?

we will be in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I'd love to hear more about the one in Cozumel

I've done a lot of research here and here's what I've read about the Grand Caymans

It seems like their excursions now go to the better dolphin place, and I'm excited about that. But we really want to do the dolphins and sting rays. Dolphin Cove offers a free trip to the sting rays with the dolphin encounter, so it seems like it would be easy to offer that to RCCL passengers. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41737286#post41737286

We did the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. Booked ahead of time and did on out own. We've been there many times. Just grab a taxi out front. Lots of fun!!! We also bought a DVD of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the dolphin & stingray excursion on Grand Cayman last March through RCI. My parents took our kids (boys 10 & 12) to swim with the dolphins while we sat on the side and watched. I was able to take pictures & video of them in the water.

Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. If I had a complaint, it would be that we were required to go to a beach afterwards. You had no choice. The staff was very rude when anyone asked if they could be taken back to the ship. It was loud and crowded. We ate at the bar / restaurant. The food was good but very expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by wc74

wc's other half here... Also, they did have "observer tickets", but you had to purchase those onboard. So the inlaws and kids got tickets to actually interact with the dolphins, and the other 4 of us got observer tickets that got us to all the rest of the stuff, but on the "sidelines" at the dolphin experience.

:)

Hi Kathy,

Just wondering...

at this excursion, what did you do with your SeaPass and personal valuables while you were in the water with the dolphins??

They had lockers that we were able to use. Worked out very well for us. I hope you have a wonderful time, we sure did. We still talk about it over a year later!

We did book through the cruise line. Just felt more comfortable since it was a more expensive tour. We had a bad experience years ago in Cabo when we booked on our own and decided that for the extra money the cruise line charges we would have peace of mind. :)