Off the ship with FTTF

latitude918

Trying to buy plane tickets is giving me a headache.

I have FTTF, and with an 1141am return flight, I need to ask, would I be off the ship in time to get to the airport by 10am?

Those that have used FTTF before, how long does it take to get off of the ship? Is it smooth? Do you use the self-assist or do you debark by zones?

Any info provided would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Flying in/out of Miami; Home port is Miami.

Trying to buy plane tickets is giving me a headache.

I have FTTF, and with an 1141am return flight, I need to ask, would I be off the ship in time to get to the airport by 10am?

Those that have used FTTF before, how long does it take to get off of the ship? Is it smooth? Do you use the self-assist or do you debark by zones?

Any info provided would be greatly appreciated.

Need more info, which homeport and which ship

We were on the Conquest and was off the ship and on our way home before 7:30 AM. Baring any delay in the authorities clearing the ship you shouldn't have any trouble.

Now to the zones; the first time we carried our bags off the ship and was with the first wave of people walking off the ship. The second time we used FTTF we placed our luggage out in the hallway the night before and was placed in Zone 1. By 8:00 AM we were of the ship and on our way home.

I know NOLA and Miami are totally two different cities but it should give you an idea of what to expect.

You will have luggage tag 1, so you should be fine even if you don't do self-assist. I would certainly make sure you have Trip Insurance just in case though, as this would cover if you have to make changes if for some reason (Customs, Coast Guard, some other delay) you are delayed.

You will have luggage tag 1, so you should be fine even if you don't do self-assist. I would certainly make sure you have Trip Insurance just in case though, as this would cover if you have to make changes if for some reason (Customs, Coast Guard, some other delay) you are delayed.

Trip insurance may not cover if a problem comes up. I don't know for sure, but I've read here that insurance doesn't cover flights scheduled prior to 12 or 12:30.

Unfortunately every port is different in the order that they debark passengers. To be on the safe side I would do self-assist along with all the other Platinum/Diamond people.

Sometimes after VIP self assist is done, they proceed with general self assist calling it by decks and don't start zone 1 until after that.

I think it should go:

VIP self assist

Zone 1

General self assist

Zones 2 - 30

Archived