Toulon - Celebrating 50th Birthday help please?

mrs_potty

Hi, Sorry I am sure this has been asked before, but I am fairly new to Cruise Critic so any advice much appreciated.

We are arriving in Toulon (not sure exactly where we dock) on RC Independence 7am to 5pm, on the day of my husbands 50th birthday. I would really like to organise something memorable for him, we are travelling with our 2 young adult children. We really enjoy good food good wine and lovely scenery which I am sure is plentiful in Provence. I have looked at Marseille & Cassis.

Mu question is in the time frame we have has any one any extra special recommendations for that port destination? And whether train/bus would be an option or whether a private hire may be the way to go.

Many thanks in advance

Tracy

Hi, Sorry I am sure this has been asked before, but I am fairly new to Cruise Critic so any advice much appreciated.

We are arriving in Toulon (not sure exactly where we dock) on RC Independence 7am to 5pm, on the day of my husbands 50th birthday. I would really like to organise something memorable for him, we are travelling with our 2 young adult children. We really enjoy good food good wine and lovely scenery which I am sure is plentiful in Provence. I have looked at Marseille & Cassis.

Mu question is in the time frame we have has any one any extra special recommendations for that port destination? And whether train/bus would be an option or whether a private hire may be the way to go.

Many thanks in advance

Tracy

There are two very good restaurants in Cassis with wonderful views. La Villa Madie has one Michelin star and it is pricey. But very good, especially for a big celebration. La Presqu'ile is also very good, nice views and less $, but not quite the same category. Both open for lunch, but check the days they are open.

www.lavillamadie.com

http://www.restaurant-la-presquile.fr/index.php

There is also the Hostellerie Berard with one Michelin star in the vineyards of Bandol.

http://hotel-berard.com/en

With the time you have, look into renting a car.

Archived