How much luggage?

beachbum6264

[quote name='pbnjrockette']For anything over a week we take 1 26" and 1 carry-on each. Have finally found light-weight large suitcases (mine weighs in under 6 lbs, DH's is about 8) that have the 4-way rollers. We usually manage 40-44 lbs of "stuff".

Use the mesh packing cubes to keep everything organized. I usually take 4 pairs of shoes (sometimes 1 more in my carry-on with meds, electronics, ALWAYS a change of clothes after airlines lost luggage for 3 days while we were in the Amazon!!)[/QUOTE]

PBNJROCKETTE, can you tell me what brand of luggage you have that is lightweight? That is pretty good to have one under 6 pounds and another at 8 pounds. I'd love to find it.

Diane

[quote name='legalslave']PBNJROCKETTE, [B][U][SIZE=3]can you tell me what brand of[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]luggage you have that is lightweight?[/SIZE][/U][/B] That is pretty good to have one under 6 pounds and another at 8 pounds. I'd love to find it.

Diane[/quote]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][B]I have and would recommend 'TravelPro max-lite2'! The 20" rollaboard carry-on only weighs 6.3 lbs. & the 28" rollaboard checked only weighs 8.9 lbs.! ;) [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Marigold252']Irish Eyes, you gave me a laugh! DH usually fusses about how much I pack for him, but he always compliments me when he discovers I have packed something that he needed like a windbreaker on a hot weather trip that turned cool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app[/quote]

If he ever gripes, I ask him if he has ever gone anywhere where he was missing something that he needed. He says "No". That ends the discussion right there! I win!:)

[quote name='legalslave']PBNJROCKETTE, can you tell me what brand of luggage you have that is lightweight? That is pretty good to have one under 6 pounds and another at 8 pounds. I'd love to find it.

Diane[/quote]

I have Samsonite Ziplite hardsides and Lipault softsides. Both are about as lightweight as you can get out there.......

We take one large wheeled garment bag, that can hold alot, one large suitcase, and two carry ons. I am the packer, but i can count on DH to start throwing in about 10 pounds of miscellaneous stuff right about when I am ready to zio 'em up. I plan on this now. We always have to fly to go on a cruise. The one time we were able to drive i indulged myself, and took a whole small suitcase full of shoes! Ahhh, that was fun. My hardest part of packing is " lotions and potions", there are too many products I consider essential.

Archived