Galveston offers "Holiday Magic By the Sea"

crazy4themouse

Galveston has so, so much to offer during the holidays -- and it all starts in less than a month! For those of you cruising out of Galveston from mid-November through New Year's, make sure you tack on a couple of days before or after your cruise for some holiday fun, island-style!

"Galveston is the "Winter Wonder Island" of Texas and this year it will offer visitors a magical experience with its Passport to Holiday Magic – a two-month celebration of more than 1,000 holiday events!

During the holiday season, visitors to Galveston will be able to access a downloadable passport to easily keep track of the island’s many holiday festivities. When someone visits five or more participating holiday events, attractions and accommodations venues with their passport Nov. 16 – Jan. 4, they will be eligible to enter drawings for a variety of prizes, including chances to win a Carnival Magic cruise for four."

http://blog.galveston.com/newsxtra/experience-holiday-magic-by-the-sea-winter-wonder-island-of-texas-to-feature-1000-magical-holiday-events-laser-light-shows-chances-to-win-cruise-on-the-carnival-magic-and-more/

See the whole calendar and download your passport at http://www.galveston.com/holidaymagic/ !

-gina-

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing that. I don't get to Galveston nearly as much as I'd like to. Hoping to get to Dickens this year and will be staying at Moody Gardens for Space City Con the first weekend of January.

That's probably because you're too busy cruising, Lawrence -- you don't have much time for anything else! ;)

I've always wanted to stay at the Moody gardens hotel... looks so pretty from what I've seen. And one of these days I'll get to Dickens! I'm just so allergic to crowds, ugh. Hate them. I'd go in a heartbeat if I knew someone with balcony access. I need to work on that, lol. :p

Tyler Dean will be in the Sea Aggie Band next year and they play at Dickens, so maybe I'll go then!

If nothing else, you should try to make one of the Lasers, Lights, and Magic shows one night at Saengerfest Park -- very cool, and totally free!

-gina-

If you're attending SCC, they have a group rate of $99 a night at the hotel. Even though it's closer to me this year since they moved it to Galveston, the con can get tiring (in a good way), and it's still too far away to make going home and coming back in the same day an option. This way I have somewhere to camp out between panels, activities, meeting up with various groups, etc.

I wish I was cruising so much that that was the reason I haven't been down there much :p

I really do need to get down there more though. So much going on on the Island.

That's probably because you're too busy cruising, Lawrence -- you don't have much time for anything else! ;)

I've always wanted to stay at the Moody gardens hotel... looks so pretty from what I've seen. And one of these days I'll get to Dickens! I'm just so allergic to crowds, ugh. Hate them. I'd go in a heartbeat if I knew someone with balcony access. I need to work on that, lol. :p

Tyler Dean will be in the Sea Aggie Band next year and they play at Dickens, so maybe I'll go then!

If nothing else, you should try to make one of the Lasers, Lights, and Magic shows one night at Saengerfest Park -- very cool, and totally free!

-gina-

Hi Gina

If you will come this year we will take you up to the GHF balcony

And you may enjoy the parades and crowds from there.

We are presently in Italy a few days prior to our repo from rome to barcelona and then TA from Barcelona

back to Galveston .

Later

Hi Gina

If you will come this year we will take you up to the GHF balcony

And you may enjoy the parades and crowds from there.

We are presently in Italy a few days prior to our repo from rome to barcelona and then TA from Barcelona

back to Galveston .

Later

Buon giorno! Hope you're enjoying Italia!!

If you're serious about Dickens, I will be there... That would be amazing!! I didn't know y'all were linked to the GHF, that's very cool. They do so incredibly much to preserve the island's very rich history.

Went to shoot you a quick PM -- realized we can't do that here. WTH? I'll just talk to you when you get back. Have a *wonderful* trip back!!!

-gina-

Archived