Food on Viking

JVNYC

How is the food on Viking? I know everyone will have their own opinion, but I'm curious how would it compare with the other upper premium lines like Oceania or Azamara? I always sail Oceania and I find their food fantastic...the buffet as well as the MDR...there is something for everyone. Does anyone have any comments and experience with Viking's cuisine? Thank you!

Sorry, to clarify...I was thinking the food reviews from the Viking River Cruises would give a generally good idea of how good the food on the Viking Star would be. I don't know much about the Viking brand so I don't know if food is one of their specialties.

Edited by JVNYC

We have been on two river cruises with Viking and are doing the Star in 2015. The food has always been very good but this will be entirely different....4 times as many people and multiple venues. I will say that on the river cruises they NEVER quit pouring the wine!

• 2 months later...

Food was extremely good on our Viking River Boat cruise thus past summer, and they were very generous with the free wine and beer at lunch and dinner. We're considering a Viking Ocean cruise for 2016, and we have only great things to say about their river cruises.