Clearwater or St Pete's

afcruiser

Don't like Crabby Bill's at all. Nice waterfront location but the food is not that great. Our better restaurants on SPB are off-water along Gulf Blvd. or Corey Blvd. People should enjoy sunset from a waterfront bar/restaurant & then gravitate to the higher quality restaurants for food.

• 3 months later...

Hello. Might I hi-jack this thread...not sure where to post or ask?

Here is the scoop. We will spend one night after our cruise returns to the Port of Tampa.

We will have a car rental.

Looking for an affordable beachfront hotel.

Trying to stay as close to Tampa as possible, but have a beach, as we have a 9:00 AM flight out of TPA the next morning.

I know NOTHING about the areas around Tampa.

Any help, thoughts, suggestions, ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Gina

Here is the scoop. We will spend one night after our cruise returns to the Port of Tampa.

Trying to stay as close to Tampa as possible, but have a beach, as we have a 9:00 AM flight out of TPA the next morning.

Any help, thoughts, suggestions, ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Gina

Why would you want to hijack a 4 month old thread where no one will even see your question on page 2 rather than start a new thread?

Gina

Tampa is spread out geographically and not on the beach so the Tampa airport is going to be a little bit of a drive. Clearwater is going to be the closest beach to TPA. Have fun! It's beautiful!

Why would you ask such a dumb question :confused:.

Scurry away now :D.

Just trying to help you get some responses. Most people will see it is an old thread, not bother with it and it will drop to page 3,

Good luck.

Edited by walty

Gina

If you wanted to stay in Tampa The Best Western Bay Harbor would be as close to beachfront as possible. The hotel is on RockyPoint Island and only 5 min from the airport.

The hotels sits on Tampa Bay not the Gulf of Mexico. It still has a beach area but you wont find the waves, nice shells, and for me, I'm not even sure I would swim in the Bay. Anyhow, they do offer wave runners, other water toys etc, a dock, beach volleyball, a pool and a decent waterveiw. All of the hotel rooms have private balconies. Some are Bayview (worth the few extra dollars) or City View. If you enjoy a quiet room, request one away from Hulk Hogan's Beach Bar. They have nightly entertainment, especially on weekends and it can get rather lively.

The rates here would be half the price of what you will pay on the beaches.

http://www.bayharbortampa.com/

If you want a Gulf beachfront hotel, we are regulars at the Alden All Suites on St.Pete Bch. This hotel is about a 30 min drive from Tampa. You would go over the Howard Franklin Bridge and then follow the signs for the Pinellas Bayway exit. Turn right at the end of the causeway and go about a mile down. The hotel is not mega but large enough and is family owned and operated. They take great pride in making sure that thier guests are happy and taken care of. This is the reason we keep returning.

The hotel rooms are all suites with separate bedrooms and living areas.

The kitchen is completely set up from plates, silverware, pots etc.. they even provide dish soap and coffee.

I don't know how many will be in your group but my favorites when our kids were younger were the Nassau suites- pool front view, private balcony, bedroom-2 queens with a pull out full sofa in the living room.

The Villas- There are only 4 and they do not show up on the website.

These are the largest and I love them. They are all ground floor with a private patio. Large bedroom with 2 queens and a large living room with a full pull-out sofa, large living room, dining area and kitchen. If you could request one not backing up to the security gate, it would be a tad bit quieter. The other two are opposite the garden area and back up to the next hotel.

Our favorite is the Burmuda Suite- this suite is more for a couple as it is set up like a Studio- King bed with just a wall to separate not an acutal room with a door, but there is also a pull out sofa in the living room. You still get the dining area and full kitchen. These rooms are either garden or pool view. Patio or balcony.

If you want to save a few bucks and not go with and actual beachfront view room, no worries as you are only steps away.

The beachfront suites all vary in price. I have stayed in the Antiqua suite which is a king bed suite with pull out sofa . There are also a few other suites that have the 2 queens with a living room pull out sofa bed.

The beachfront suites have either a private balcony or patio, depending on what floor you may be on. You will pay more for beachfront but having a glass of wine watching the sunset or coffee on the balcony is priceless.

The hotel offers two pools, security gated parking garage, tennis courts, jaccuzzi, patio deck with grills and patio tables, beach bar, pool toy and clam shell lounger rentals etc.......

http://www.aldenbeachresort.com/

**** Juat wanted to add that the hotel does have a check-in time but if you tell/call them and explain that you only have one day to enjoy the beach, they will go out of their way to

get you into your room as early as possible. If not, they will certainly give you your room key that will allow you to park and enjoy the pool and beach until your room is ready. They do have

poolside bathroom and changing areas to make this easy. Plus they will give you pool towels to use. We have done this a few times and they are very nice about trying to accomodate you.

Wishing you a great time.

Cari H.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

If you wanted to stay in Tampa The Best Western Bay Harbor would be as close to beachfront as possible. The hotel is on RockyPoint Island and only 5 min from the airport.

The hotels sits on Tampa Bay not the Gulf of Mexico. It still has a beach area but you wont find the waves, nice shells, and for me, I'm not even sure I would swim in the Bay. Anyhow, they do offer wave runners, other water toys etc, a dock, beach volleyball, a pool and a decent waterveiw. All of the hotel rooms have private balconies. Some are Bayview (worth the few extra dollars) or City View. If you enjoy a quiet room, request one away from Hulk Hogan's Beach Bar. They have nightly entertainment, especially on weekends and it can get rather lively.

The rates here would be half the price of what you will pay on the beaches.

http://www.bayharbortampa.com/

If you want a Gulf beachfront hotel, we are regulars at the Alden All Suites on St.Pete Bch. This hotel is about a 30 min drive from Tampa. You would go over the Howard Franklin Bridge and then follow the signs for the Pinellas Bayway exit. Turn right at the end of the causeway and go about a mile down. The hotel is not mega but large enough and is family owned and operated. They take great pride in making sure that thier guests are happy and taken care of. This is the reason we keep returning.

The hotel rooms are all suites with separate bedrooms and living areas.

The kitchen is completely set up from plates, silverware, pots etc.. they even provide dish soap and coffee.

I don't know how many will be in your group but my favorites when our kids were younger were the Nassau suites- pool front view, private balcony, bedroom-2 queens with a pull out full sofa in the living room.

The Villas- There are only 4 and they do not show up on the website.

These are the largest and I love them. They are all ground floor with a private patio. Large bedroom with 2 queens and a large living room with a full pull-out sofa, large living room, dining area and kitchen. If you could request one not backing up to the security gate, it would be a tad bit quieter. The other two are opposite the garden area and back up to the next hotel.

Our favorite is the Burmuda Suite- this suite is more for a couple as it is set up like a Studio- King bed with just a wall to separate not an acutal room with a door, but there is also a pull out sofa in the living room. You still get the dining area and full kitchen. These rooms are either garden or pool view. Patio or balcony.

If you want to save a few bucks and not go with and actual beachfront view room, no worries as you are only steps away.

The beachfront suites all vary in price. I have stayed in the Antiqua suite which is a king bed suite with pull out sofa . There are also a few other suites that have the 2 queens with a living room pull out sofa bed.

The beachfront suites have either a private balcony or patio, depending on what floor you may be on. You will pay more for beachfront but having a glass of wine watching the sunset or coffee on the balcony is priceless.

The hotel offers two pools, security gated parking garage, tennis courts, jaccuzzi, patio deck with grills and patio tables, beach bar, pool toy and clam shell lounger rentals etc.......

http://www.aldenbeachresort.com/

**** Juat wanted to add that the hotel does have a check-in time but if you tell/call them and explain that you only have one day to enjoy the beach, they will go out of their way to

get you into your room as early as possible. If not, they will certainly give you your room key that will allow you to park and enjoy the pool and beach until your room is ready. They do have

poolside bathroom and changing areas to make this easy. Plus they will give you pool towels to use. We have done this a few times and they are very nice about trying to accomodate you.

Wishing you a great time.

Cari H.

Thank you so much for the information. Just before I read your post I had found a great rate for the Best Western and based on our short stay, I think I will go that route and save one of your other suggestions for when we can enjoy the property a bit longer.

Gina

Thank you so much for the information. Just before I read your post I had found a great rate for the Best Western and based on our short stay, I think I will go that route and save one of your other suggestions for when we can enjoy the property a bit longer.

Gina

Gina,

I'm going to be staying at the BW BayHarbor for two nights in early April. I will bookmark this thread and comeback to give you a review of my stay.

I booked a bayview king room-high floor, away from Hogan's Beach Bar.... so we will see how that goes. They do have a few suites which offer a separate living room space but I will see how many are available upon my check-in as they were not showing up on the booking site.

I will check back with any info or tips.

:)

Gina,

I'm going to be staying at the BW BayHarbor for two nights in early April. I will bookmark this thread and comeback to give you a review of my stay.

I booked a bayview king room-high floor, away from Hogan's Beach Bar.... so we will see how that goes. They do have a few suites which offer a separate living room space but I will see how many are available upon my check-in as they were not showing up on the booking site.

I will check back with any info or tips.

Make sure you head over to Whiskey Joes! It is a massive waterfront resort without the hotel. Huge tiki bar, tons of beach and sand, live bands, just a lot of fun. They also have a traditional indoor restaurant but we always have hung out outside.

Make sure you head over to Whiskey Joes! It is a massive waterfront resort without the hotel. Huge tiki bar, tons of beach and sand, live bands, just a lot of fun. They also have a traditional indoor restaurant but we always have hung out outside.

double post

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Thanks for the tip, I will do that. I was thinking that the Hulk Hogan beach bar may be too much for me( crowd and young age wise) and was actually thinking about driving over to Bahama Breeze. Whiskey Joes will be another good choice.

Why would you want to hijack a 4 month old thread where no one will even see your question on page 2 rather than start a new thread?
Looks like the good CC helpers proved you wrong!!!!!!!!!! Lots of nice responses, unlike yours!!!!!!!!! Help people, don't criticize, or just SCURRY AWAY!

Love that!

Looks like the good CC helpers proved you wrong!!!!!!!!!! Lots of nice responses, unlike yours!!!!!!!!! Help people, don't criticize, or just SCURRY AWAY!

Love that!

Looks like she had to get help from you and herself to keep bumping the thread up!!!!!!!!!!! No real discussion, though!!!!!!!!!!

Now...Begone troll!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by walty