Stroller or not to stroller Europe

bearette

I have toddler twins and I hear mixed things about strollers in Europe. We will be taking two umbrella style strollers but should we bother taking them in ports? Specifically in Barcelona, Casablanca and the Canary Islands? What did you do?

You don't say how old yours are, but no way I'd have gone without a stroller. It's great to be able to keep going when they're done walking, and they have a place to rest, snack, nap. Here are mine in Barcelona at 5 years old. An umbrella stroller is fine as long as it's sturdy for the uneven sidewalks, etc.

Don't miss Parc Guell - amazing park to explore and mostly stroller-friendly.

Best,

Mia

1255479128_twinsbarcelona.jpg.c199d3fc7657d1583fdbc7f27ec30464.jpg

They are toddlers- 19 months next month on the cruise. I know I want it on the ship but I hear Morocco and other places aren't paved well enough. I will diffiently use it in Barcelona from what you said.( I call it my umbrella stroller but they are the Truly Scrumptious so they wear better. )

I have that park on my itinerary as well as the Sargrada Famalia. We only have one day post cruise so those two made that cut.

I'm taking a citimini for my almost-18 month old, and my 4yo will mostly walk, or get a turn in the stroller while we carry her sister in the Ergo. We are going to the Adriatic, so I know many ports will have a lot of steps and uneven walkways, and I was worried an umbrella stroller wouldn't hold up very well. The citimini has bigger wheels and folds very easily and isn't too heavy, in case we need to fold and carry it. Hoping it works out well! Have a fun trip!

I'm taking a citimini for my almost-18 month old' date=' and my 4yo will mostly walk, or get a turn in the stroller while we carry her sister in the Ergo. We are going to the Adriatic, so I know many ports will have a lot of steps and uneven walkways, and I was worried an umbrella stroller wouldn't hold up very well. The citimini has bigger wheels and folds very easily and isn't too heavy, in case we need to fold and carry it. Hoping it works out well! Have a fun trip![/quote']

City Mini didn't fit through the cabin door on our cruise this week. Thankfully I had taken 2 strollers and a baby carrier. The Chicco umbrella stroller fit through. Our 4 year old rode and the 2 year old went in my BabyHawk.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One more question- for just mom and dad (or other two person arrangement) who took the double stroller? We are thinking on taking it to free up mom or dad to do things if we take the double. I see one vote for a double in Barcelona. :0).

, i went on the med cruise this september and took my stroller, albeit it wasnt a double. That said there were plenty of other families with strollers of all sorts,. Mine was an umbrella style. It was not hard to manouver infact no problems at all . Unless u decide to go on unbeaten paths, europe , was very stroller/family friendly

my stroller did fit through the door but we chose to leave it outside the cabin door most nights so we could move around more comfortably, most other people were doing the same with their strollers and wheelchairs

id honestly take it , barcelona is tiring and so are most other places, my son was 2.9 mths old when we went and he needed his naps and rest ! Have a great time !!

One more question- for just mom and dad (or other two person arrangement) who took the double stroller? We are thinking on taking it to free up mom or dad to do things if we take the double. I see one vote for a double in Barcelona. :0).

Just FYI - I'm on my own with my twins, so a double was necessary for me. That said, I never had a problem with my double strollers in Europe (took a Graco tandem once and the MacLaren side-by-side twice). We're going back next summer and it will be the first time there without the stroller - I know I'm going to miss it!

Best,

Mia

Archived