Legend VS Glory

rdevine10

Help! I booked the Legend for this coming april and now I am worried we made the wrong choice!

We have sailed the Legend before and enjoyed her. This spring she will get upgrades prior to leaving for Australia. At this point we dont know all of the updates- we do know the waterworks of some kind will be added- a green thunder. Legend had a great ratio of people. I booked a 4k and Im not loving the room, etc, but Im sure it will be fine. I do not think either of my kids will try the Green Thunder- might scare them!

The Glory has the 2.0 upgrades- the Hasbro show, the Guys burgers, it also has the big movie screen. It seems like there are 3 pools, but Im not sure how crowded they are.

Each cruise goes to the exact same islands. Legend is a little easier to travel to, but the Glory is doable as well.

If you had kids, which ship would you choose and why? My kids will be 11 and 8 at the time of sailing. (And they will not do much on either ship with the camps- but its family time so I am OK with that!)

Thanks!

If you go on the Legend after the updates. Legend all the way..but if it is BEFORE I would do Glory. Just got off the Legend and tho we had a great cruise it had a lot of wear and tear. Carpet in our room was really worn and old TV. Some rooms do have flat screens. Our did not. A lot of rust around the ship also. Really need a drydock.

We've sailed Legend twice (most recently July), Glory 4x - none with 2.0 upgrades. though. Our sons have enjoyed both. The Sports Deck is the important area for them, and both ships have good sports decks. If the outdoor movie screen makes a difference for your kids, though, I would go with Glory.

We don't have kids so my opinion may not be worth much but I much preferred the Legend.

So far I have sailed 3 Carnival ships and of those 3, Legend was my favourite in terms of layout, size and decor. The Legend is Spirit-class so has one MDR and thus is easier to navigate. The Glory has split MDRs so it can be a hassle going from one end to the other on certain decks. Also, the Legend's decor is a little more interesting and pleasing; I'm not a huge fan of Carnival ships' decor in general but Legend was the most pleasing of the 3 I have sailed. Glory had a lot of neon and colored lights which is a little too flashy for me. Even the exterior of the Legend has more elegant lines and looks more like a traditional style ship.

All that said, the best room steward I ever had was on the Glory so that enhanced the trip. Also, Guys Burgers is very good [best part of the 2.0 upgrades I think] and the Legend lacks that. As far as the big movie screen, I could do without it as it takes away some of the "ship-iness" of being on a ship IMO but I know many enjoy it.

As others mentioned, Legend and is older ship. Whilst she is starting to show some age I did not find anything repulsive about her upkeep.

How much is the difference in price? If the Glory is much cheaper I may choose her but price being equal I think Legend is a nicer ship.

We don't have kids so my opinion may not be worth much but I much preferred the Legend.

So far I have sailed 3 Carnival ships and of those 3, Legend was my favourite in terms of layout, size and decor. The Legend is Spirit-class so has one MDR and thus is easier to navigate. The Glory has split MDRs so it can be a hassle going from one end to the other on certain decks. Also, the Legend's decor is a little more interesting and pleasing; I'm not a huge fan of Carnival ships' decor in general but Legend was the most pleasing of the 3 I have sailed. Glory had a lot of neon and colored lights which is a little too flashy for me. Even the exterior of the Legend has more elegant lines and looks more like a traditional style ship.

All that said, the best room steward I ever had was on the Glory so that enhanced the trip. Also, Guys Burgers is very good [best part of the 2.0 upgrades I think] and the Legend lacks that. As far as the big movie screen, I could do without it as it takes away some of the "ship-iness" of being on a ship IMO but I know many enjoy it.

As others mentioned, Legend and is older ship. Whilst she is starting to show some age I did not find anything repulsive about her upkeep.

How much is the difference in price? If the Glory is much cheaper I may choose her but price being equal I think Legend is a nicer ship.

Excellent assessment all the way around. I stayed lost on the Glory, mainly due to the MDR "being in the way" of where I wanted to go. Finally found out I could just walk through the MDR. By day 6 I finally figured it out!

On Legend I was taking pics of the Atrium and the bartender was watching me. I asked him if he knew what was in all those urns on the staircases. He said he didn't. I told him it was the remains of old ship Captain's inside each urn--they travel the world there! He looked shocked until I told him I was kidding. I saw him a few months later on another cruise and he remembered me and laughed!:D

Excellent assessment all the way around. I stayed lost on the Glory, mainly due to the MDR "being in the way" of where I wanted to go. Finally found out I could just walk through the MDR. By day 6 I finally figured it out!

On Legend I was taking pics of the Atrium and the bartender was watching me. I asked him if he knew what was in all those urns on the staircases. He said he didn't. I told him it was the remains of old ship Captain's inside each urn--they travel the world there! He looked shocked until I told him I was kidding. I saw him a few months later on another cruise and he remembered me and laughed!:D

Such a cute story!!! :D

I really like the Legend; she is a nice ship.

In fact, the only reason I sailed on the Glory is because she used to be homeported in Boston during the summer and it was an easy and quick getaway for me to take mom on for her 60th birthday. Now Carnival has deserted the Boston market :mad:

Archived