2014 7 day Med. Cruises

sharpie13

DW and I are looking a the some of the 7 day Med. cruises for next summer as an extension to a land-based tour we are planning of France and Italy.

My question is for those who have a shorter Med. cruise, was it worthwhile or did you regreat not taking the fuller 12 day cruise.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

These cruises are few and far between on the major lines, unless you want something that is centered in a particular country or contiguous country, like Spain and Portugal, or Italy and France, or maybe Greece and Turkey.

This summer we will be taking our first 7 day cruise in Europe. In the past they have been anywhere from 10-14 days and I had my hesitations about 7 nights being to short. We do feel however, that we would like to spend more than a port day in many places but our vacation time is limited to two weeks. So this summer we are trying the 7 day and have planned 3 nights each in Verona and Florence pre cruise.

I don't think you can go wrong either way but it really comes down to where you want to spend your time. Staying on the cruise for 12-14 nights is definitely simpler. Cuts down on hotels and trains, car rentals etc. With 3 weeks vacation, you still have time for a nice land vacation and a longer cruise! Maybe do 10 and 10? :D

Archived