Mr Sanchos in Cozumel. Thoughts?

jktheangel

I am looking for thoughts from anyone who has visited mr sanchos. Thank you

Jamie

I visited Mr. Sanchos twice, once in November 2012 on the AI side and then again in May 2013 on the pay as you go.

I enjoyed Mr. Sanchos and would go back again. Your question is very vague, what thoughts are you looking for so myself and others can give you specific answers. There are a few threads here with lots of info on the Cozumel Beach Clubs where I got alot of information before I sailed to Cozumel.

Girlscruise

Thank you. I am just wondering if it's worth the AI. How are the drinks the food and the beach. I'm not sure what to do in Cozumel and I saw this suggestion on trip advisor so I thought I would ask. Is the pay as you go cheaper than the AI? I don't a lot but love Mexican food

Jamie

AI at Mr. Sanchos is about $45-50 per person and covers drinks (water, sodas, beers, and cocktails) as well as food (which is pretty good!). If you are going to be there for more than a couple of hours you can easily spend more than that on the pay-as-you-go side.

Larger beach club, supposedly limited to 200 per day on the AI side, with a pool. A little more lively (music, water toys - for a fee :(, etc.) than Nachi Cocom. Taxi each way will be about $16+tip for up to 4 in the cab - so pair up with other cruisers and save $$

Good luck! :)

Girlscruise

Thank you. I am just wondering if it's worth the AI. How are the drinks the food and the beach. I'm not sure what to do in Cozumel and I saw this suggestion on trip advisor so I thought I would ask. Is the pay as you go cheaper than the AI? I don't a lot but love Mexican food

Jamie

It really has a lot of variables.

Depends how long you are there? I went with the AI because we were in port 9am-5pm and spent most of the day there. When I did the pay as you go, I was there for the afternoon and they close at 5pm so the AI wasn't worth it.

How much do you eat/drink? Again, if your going to be there all day and have a few drinks and lunch, the AI is worth it in my opinion. This way your not surprised by your bill. With the AI, we tried various drinks (my daughter turning 18 had fun trying everything ;)) and with a family of 5, we ate enough to get our monies worth. When I did the pay as you go, a few bucket of beers and 2 frozen drinks cost us $60 including tip.

I enjoyed the food. My husband had the fried whole fish (yes eyes & teeth included :eek:) and Loved it. We had fries, burgers, shrimp, it was all good. At one point, I went to the bar and had some "extra" rum put into my drink, no problem. It was included. So if you want stronger drinks, that won't be an issue either. The only issue is if your a beer drinker, only Mexican beer is available on the AI side. You need the Pay as you go side for the domestic American beers (Coors Light I think no Buds)

I liked it and if I was there "all day" I definitely would do the AI. There is a website that I booked through that you can prepay a deposit and pay $5 less but if your unsure of the weather and want to wait, the $5 savings isn't worth it.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Thank you all for your thoughts. I am not much of a drinker maybe 2 or 3 We are there from 7 am to 4 pm I think. So if we did it we would probably make it an all day thing. Are there taxis readily available when your ready to leave and back to port? I don't ever want too as the boat as I have read and heard many do in cozumel

Jamie

Oh and I don't eat seafood so do they have like beef tacos or nachos or anything but chicken and seafood?

Jamie

Taxis are not an issue - if there are not taxis waiting they will cal one for you; never waited longer than 5 minutes and the cabs are well regulated in Coz (something I cannot say about cabs in Philly! :mad:).

They offer a pretty extensive menu which you should be able to find on-line, beef, chicken, etc. You can avoid seafood and still find plenty to choose from. Good luck! :)

AI at Mr. Sanchos is about $45-50 per person and covers drinks (water, sodas, beers, and cocktails) as well as food (which is pretty good!). If you are going to be there for more than a couple of hours you can easily spend more than that on the pay-as-you-go side.

Larger beach club, supposedly limited to 200 per day on the AI side, with a pool. A little more lively (music, water toys - for a fee :(, etc.) than Nachi Cocom. Taxi each way will be about $16+tip for up to 4 in the cab - so pair up with other cruisers and save $$

Thank you so much for the info. I think we are going to try this.

It really has a lot of variables.

Depends how long you are there? I went with the AI because we were in port 9am-5pm and spent most of the day there. When I did the pay as you go, I was there for the afternoon and they close at 5pm so the AI wasn't worth it.

How much do you eat/drink? Again, if your going to be there all day and have a few drinks and lunch, the AI is worth it in my opinion. This way your not surprised by your bill. With the AI, we tried various drinks (my daughter turning 18 had fun trying everything ;)) and with a family of 5, we ate enough to get our monies worth. When I did the pay as you go, a few bucket of beers and 2 frozen drinks cost us $60 including tip.

I enjoyed the food. My husband had the fried whole fish (yes eyes & teeth included :eek:) and Loved it. We had fries, burgers, shrimp, it was all good. At one point, I went to the bar and had some "extra" rum put into my drink, no problem. It was included. So if you want stronger drinks, that won't be an issue either. The only issue is if your a beer drinker, only Mexican beer is available on the AI side. You need the Pay as you go side for the domestic American beers (Coors Light I think no Buds)

I liked it and if I was there "all day" I definitely would do the AI. There is a website that I booked through that you can prepay a deposit and pay $5 less but if your unsure of the weather and want to wait, the $5 savings isn't worth it.

Thank you for your help.

Whole fish? Wow how brave. I like to say I am not a picky eater...I just know what I like .

I am not much of a drinker but I thought I might want to try some "fruity" drinks. Mexican food is my fav so I am sure I will find something.

thanks again

silly question, we have never been to Cozumel or Mexico for that matter. Do we need to worry about the water in the mixed drinks (ie ice cubes)? I have always heard you should only drink beer there and need to know if this is still true. Thanks

Thank you for your help.

Whole fish? Wow how brave. I like to say I am not a picky eater...I just know what I like .

I am not much of a drinker but I thought I might want to try some "fruity" drinks. Mexican food is my fav so I am sure I will find something.

well thats the good thing with the AI, its actually All you can eat so you can try something different and if you don't like it, you can get something else.

Here is a pic of the fish head :eek:

75961_4864500613422_1330855814_n.jpg

silly question, we have never been to Cozumel or Mexico for that matter. Do we need to worry about the water in the mixed drinks (ie ice cubes)? I have always heard you should only drink beer there and need to know if this is still true. Thanks

I've had frozen drinks at more then one bar in Cozumel and have not had an issue.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Nope! All of the beach clubs and other tourist spots use purified water fro drinks and ice; avoid the street vendors and you should be safe -- multiple trips to Coz and we have never (knock on wood) had an issue.

Edited by JohninDC

• 2 weeks later...