Room Assignment??

Reese88

Booked and Oceanview Guarantee last week on the Carnival Inspiration via Orbitz. Do I have to wait until I get onboard before I see the room assignment or will they send it out to me with my cruise packet?

Sometimes early, sometimes not. At the worst, if you booked air through Carnival the Carnival rep at the airport will have it, if not the porters at the pier will.

Some people have had the room assisgnment early and there are ways to check.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=96045

Here is a forum to give you rdirections to check- go to the last page and scroll to find post #1000. (post numbers are in the top right hand corner)

When is your cruise? Most times the cabin in NOT assigned until 40-45 days out. If the sailing is soon you wont know until you get to the pier.

Know this is not the thread we discussed this but can't find the right thread. Told you about the 200 price reduction on my balcony guarantee. Just informed that we were being "upgraded" from the minimum balcony 8A to an 8D balcony. Given the room number by my online TA and also checked the Carnival web site which now has that same room number. (Neither site now shows BL GTY)So we are pleased. Would have been just as pleased with a $ 200 credit..but either way..we can't complain. Assisgned at the moment to the Lido deck...the pool, buffet, etc., just outside the door. Glory here we come!

Some agencies-- will not give you any monies when the price comes down-- I learned that with my Victory cruise when we lost over 700.00 total. (thats a lot of money) If the price comes down--the agent will give upgrades.. I'd rather have the money and its the one question I ask before I book the cruise.

Keep checking the prices..and if it comes down any more--- ask for cabin credit.

I've been trying to get my cabin assingment through all the methods described on this forum. No luck. :eek: Called Carnival and because I booked through a travel agent, I had to call her. Emailed my travel agent and minutes later had my cabin number. :D

Celebration sailing August 27th paid for a R110 then changed to a Oceanview guarantee and ended up on E162..... 46 days and counting.:cool:

I'm so excited ! ! ! ! !

dondonma

Archived