disembarking from Oasis of the Seas and car rental in Ft. Lauderdale

Good morning! We are going on the Oasis of the Seas from November 2-9. We are planning on staying in Florida for 3 additional days after the cruise. Can anyone tell me what time you actually get off the Oasis of the Seas and what time would be an approximate time to arrive at the Sixt car rental agency in Fort Lauderdale? Would Sixt even be open if we arrived there at 8 a.m.? Has anyone ever used Sixt car rental before?

So many questions!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

This will probably get moved to the Florida departures area where there are many discussions about Ft. Lauderdale rental cars.

Your post did wake my interest, as I was not aware Sixt had a location on 17th street now.

There website states they open at 9am on Saturdays though. That will be fine though, as you just indicate a 9 am local departure on Oasis and you will be given a later time for disembarkation.

Interestingly, they are not good for Allure as they show that the office is closed on Sundays.

I know nothing about there shuttle options and have not noticed them before.

Alamo/National do have the best shuttle with fixed location at Terminal 18 for Oasis / Allure passengers. They operate a full size bus every 20 minutes to their airport location. It is only for those booked with them.

Yes. You can both state this when you check-in online for your cruise as I think they ask for transportation there. Then, I think on night 4 of the cruise there is a form placed with the cruise compass, where you state your desired time of disembarkation. While the stateroom attendants like you to be out of the cabin by 8:30 at the latest, as the cleaners come to deep clean the cabins, you are always assigned a public waiting area until your number is called for disembarkation. The breakfast venues close at 08:30 or 09:00, I think.

Sixt is a major player internationally, but I have never used them. I am sure they are fine, but do really recommend the Alamo/National bus from Oasis or Allure as there is no waiting in line for a shuttle. I did not even know that Sixt had established themselves on 17th St. and they might be great, but I do not know.

Seems like things can get a bit confusing with Sixt. They have a 17th street location, but also have a Port Everglades location with the same address as their FLL location. Same address, but different hours (FLL is 24/7, Port Everglades is 7:00am-10:30pm 7 days a week. The 17th street location does show as being closed on Sunday and not opening until 9:00 on Sat.

I'd certainly call and make sure you know which location your car should be picked up from. I'm renting a car from Sixt after our Allure cruise in Dec, and about had a heart attack when I read above that they weren't open on Sundays... :D Mine is from the Port Everglades location though... whew!

Archived