My review:Carnival Dream with an 8 mth old and group of 17. The good, bad, and ugly.

Mybearsbaby

Lol! Yep. My Step Dad wore his Bama Shirt...funny thing is, we are a group divided...haha! Hubby and a few others are Bama fans too, but to that I must say War Eagle ;):p:D

Hubs keeps trying to convert me. In the past 9 years he has tried everything. Even bought me Alabama clothes as a "gift" :D

Thank you! Someone commented on here and said you could request a certain person if you do ATD. Maybe you could request Adrian, Nino, or one of the others mentioned if you do. I hope you have a wonderful time!! Come back and let us know how your trip was. The Dream is a beautiful ship!

Yes, I am ashamed to admit it but I have actually fell victim to the "Carve your name" trick too a couple years ago on an RCCL trip to Labadee. I must have "Sucker" written on my head. It was a pretty wooden box and I did like it. He said, " So what are your names?" And as soon as the words left my mouth he began carving...The ironic thing is now, it has such a funny story behind it that it is my favorite souvenir so I guess it all worked out. :D

At Junkanoo, we didn't notice the "rocky" part, but maybe it varies based on where you are along the beach? I had actually thought it would be rocky because of some pictures I had seen in another review, but in the review they were right beside Fat Tuesdays, and we were right beside the pier across from the lighthouse. There were bits of rocks and coral mixed in with the sand in the water though if that is what he meant. Water shoes are a big plus in my book! We always bring a pair because you never know.

And thank you! We love our little guy! He brightens our day and is such a blessing to us!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's really sad that people that do these things get away with it. When we go to the different ports, I don't say anything at all unless I'm looking for a taxi. I just keep walking and don't even look at them. At first I felt bad that I was acting like that, but I feel they are wrong for what they are doing by "trapping" unsuspected cruisers. Next you visit a port, I would just have your destination in mind and just go. Remember don't say hello, don't say anything unless you are looking for a cruise tour or taxi. They will finally get the hint and leave you alone.:rolleyes:

Not trying to be rude, but what religion is your mom...is she SDA (Seventh-day Adventist)? Just curious because you mentioned that she didn't drink. Glad she was able to get the fridge issue taken care of. After reading several reviews, I think the problem is just some of the stewards just don't care. I'm sure they're tired, worn out from the travelers, and although it's not an excuse, just think of some of the people they've had to deal with. However, no excuse for poor customer service. If you don't want to deal with customer, then get out of the customer service industry!

By the way, thanks for posting your review and sharing it with us. I look forward to reading more about your trip and seeing the pictures. Your baby is just too precious.

We are just plain ole' southern freewill Baptist. ;)

I know that opinions differ greatly when it comes to alcohol consumption and Christianity, and to me, it is up to each individual and their conviction. We feel convicted of it, therefore don't. That said, it is definitely not my place to judge those whose conviction on the subject is different from my own.

My real dad was an alcoholic, so for me, even if I wasn't a Christian, it probably isn't for me for personal reasons. Anything when used in excess can become a bad thing, so our theory is to just stay away from it all together. :)

Amen about Customer Service! I is definitely not for the faint of heart, and I try to always put myself in their shoes before I complain. I have seem them be treated poorly by vacationers, and always try to not be "that person".

Thank you very much! Maybe I will have more pictures up soon. And we think he is too ;)

It's really sad that people that do these things get away with it. When we go to the different ports, I don't say anything at all unless I'm looking for a taxi. I just keep walking and don't even look at them. At first I felt bad that I was acting like that, but I feel they are wrong for what they are doing by "trapping" unsuspected cruisers. Next you visit a port, I would just have your destination in mind and just go. Remember don't say hello, don't say anything unless you are looking for a cruise tour or taxi. They will finally get the hint and leave you alone.:rolleyes:

Amen! Great tip!

Love your review and WAR EAGLE!!!!!! Can't wait for Saturday!!

War Eagle! :)

Wonderful review and great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Your baby is so cute. Will be waiting for more.

Thank you! I am about to post some more pictures for the sea day.

Love the outfit you found for babyE. I will have to check out Amazon if I have another grandson.

Love the picture of your group!

Enjoying the review....

Thanks! And I love Amazon!! I may have a small addiction lol jk. ;) :D

Edited by Mybearsbaby

I'm really enjoying your review. Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us!

Thank you, and you are welcome! If baby E cooperates, I may be able to get the rest of the 1st sea day uploaded lol.

Hey, Cruiser1959, my home town is Lanett, but I now live in Montgomery. We also RV tailgate at all the Auburn games. We are booked on the Dream for May 4, 2013. Sailed on her 2 or 3 years ago and had a ball. We are trying a cove this trip. Sounds like a blast.

I think you missed the ship.:)

Hey, you are right. Thanks for reminding me that I haven't been yet. Maybe I'll try for May 4, 2014, since that is when my booking says that I should show up at the Port of New Orleans. The little stuff will get you if you're not careful.

Hey, Cruiser1959, my home town is Lanett, but I now live in Montgomery. We also RV tailgate at all the Auburn games. We are booked on the Dream for May 4, 2013. Sailed on her 2 or 3 years ago and had a ball. We are trying a cove this trip. Sounds like a blast.

Ok, I am curious, I may know you. I graduated from Lanett in 77 and lived there until my senior year and moved to Shawmut. Now we live in Fredonia! We are going on the Dream Feb.1, 2014. I can't wait! We haven't cruised since 1/1/12.

After our Scavenger Hunt, we went back to the room for a second to drop off our items and our trophy, then headed to the Past Guest Party. It has changed with the new VIFP program to be only for Gold guests and above. I don't think I like that part of the change, just because previous cruisers like my parents and siblings who have done 4 cruises and have been invited and went to the Past Guest party the last few times, were not invited this time, because they were a couple days short of Gold.

Other than the exclusion of the other past guests, the party itself was much the same as I previously remembered. Dancing before and after on the stage, introduction of the captain and crew, recognition of cruisers who have hit certain milestones, and watching the cruise video. We got our alcohol-free fruit punch. (Yum) and we had a good time! We did the cupid shuffle on stage, then it was time to go. There were two ladies, however, that I'm pretty sure were intoxicated...they hopped back onstage right as the curtain was closing and started dancing. The curtain stopped above their heads, and a crewmember had to come tell them to get off stage. Pretty funny ;)

Hi there! How cool! Great minds think alike lol ;)

Those were her assistants on this sailing too. I Wayan seemed nice, just very unprofessional and slacking...I Gede had no personality at all it seemed. I think I only heard him speak like once. He was also the one that forgot half our table's menus and bread more than once. Oh, well. We didn't let it ruin our trip. If I were Tina, I think I would request a change. Maybe her husband could arrange it? She told me her husband is the Maître D of the other Dining Room. He actually came to see her a few times and we met him.

You are so right, I Gede hardly spoke at all and as for I Wayan, we took a picture of them, I Wayan I Gede and Tina and didnt notice till we got home that when he folded his arms on the picture, he gave us the finger with both hands.

photo.php?fbid=543125705765510&set=a.537826259628788.1073741827.100002042566018&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-frc3%2F1452017_543125705765510_1087523257_n.jpg&size=960%2C720

Hi there! How cool! Great minds think alike lol ;)

You are so right, I Gede hardly spoke at all and as for I Wayan, we took a picture of them, I Wayan I Gede and Tina and didnt notice till we got home that when he folded his arms on the picture, he gave us the finger with both hands.

photo.php?fbid=543125705765510&set=a.537826259628788.1073741827.100002042566018&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-frc3%2F1452017_543125705765510_1087523257_n.jpg&size=960%2C720

Oh wow! That is unacceptable and rude! Did yall mention that in your survey? Sounds like they really need to work someplace besides Carnival if they act this way. I couldn't see the picture for some reason.

Edited by Mybearsbaby

Later that evening, we went to the Love and Marriage Show before dinner. We have seen it may times, but it never gets old. It was fun and hilarious as usual. They had actually changed up the questions a little bit too, so it was nice to see a few new ones mixed in with some of the old questions. There was a newlywed couple from Atlanta I think, a middle aged couple that the man reminded me of that man on tv that catches animals with his bare hands...(Turtle Man, or something like that.) ;)And a very funny older couple that had been married like 60 years. One of the funniest answers was when asked what the ex girlfriend's name was, the newlywed girl answered "Horse Faced Skank Hoe" or something like that...LOL!

IMG_0752.jpg

We are going on the Dream soon and I'm enjoying your report. We will have your room! We have the two other rooms beside it too. I'm quite concerned about noise and you did mention it. How often and during what parts of the day and night were the loudest? Did you ever leave your door open for ocean noise to drown it out?

We are going on the Dream soon and I'm enjoying your report. We will have your room! We have the two other rooms beside it too. I'm quite concerned about noise and you did mention it. How often and during what parts of the day and night were the loudest? Did you ever leave your door open for ocean noise to drown it out?

Hi there! Thank you! :) Other than the noise from the galley and some very obnoxious neighbors ( which I will explain later in the review lol), we loved our room. The view was awesome, and to me was worth it, even considering the noise. I heard it a few times during the day, but not much. The loudest and most frequent were at night, from around 10:30-12:30ish. I guess during that time they are cleaning up from dinner or something? Not entirely sure. I didn't try leaving my door open...didn't even think about it lol. Have a great time on the Dream! She is such a pretty ship!!

We had a total opposite experience to yours and the OP's. We were on the 10/12 - 1019 Sailing and had a great Waitstaff, Jorge & Lade, in the MDR. Also, found the Staff and Crew to be extremely friendly throughout the Ship!

It was our first time on the Dream and we wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again!!! :)

We cruised the Dream 10/5 -10/12/Eastern, and also had excellent Dining Service in the MDR, as well as very good service from our Cabin Steward. We had early seating, though, as we always have. I can see how the MDR dining staff could be worn out by the end of late seating, but as someone else mentioned, there is no good excuse for poor service. Fortunately for us, we've always been very happy with our Dining service. Tomasz, Jorge and Paul did not let us down this time, either!

We cruised the Dream 10/5 -10/12/Eastern, and also had excellent Dining Service in the MDR, as well as very good service from our Cabin Steward. We had early seating, though, as we always have. I can see how the MDR dining staff could be worn out by the end of late seating, but as someone else mentioned, there is no good excuse for poor service. Fortunately for us, we've always been very happy with our Dining service. Tomasz, Jorge and Paul did not let us down this time, either!

Glad you had a great team! We usually do also which is why I guess it threw me so much. We love Carnival's dining experience, and I am sure it was just the team we had. :) We may try early or atd next time because of having baby E now. We usually prefer late and have always had excellent service in the past, but he was very sleepy every night lol. Sometimes he fell asleep while eating his mashed potatoes :)