A Sunday in Nassau with a 6-year-old...

PenitentMama

My husband & I and our 6-year-old daughter will be in Nassau on Sunday, Dec 8, from 8a-5p. I've been doing some research and wondered if this plan is doable:

• 9-10:30a at Pirate Museum (is this enough time? too much?)
  • take jitney #10 to Fish Fry to arrive about 11a and be done eating by 12:45p - is this even possible in this time frame on a Sunday? I can't find info about opening times except for one restaurant where it was listed in a review (Gullie's which said they open at 11, but can we count on that?) and I know service takes a while so I don't know if we'll have time to eat if they don't open until noon...
  • walk to Ardastra Garden for 1:30p Lorry feeding & 2:15p flamingo show
  • Take #10 jitney or walk back to port to arrive by 4:15p.

I appreciate any insight from those in the know!

We're looking forward to our first trip to the Bahamas!

My husband & I and our 6-year-old daughter will be in Nassau on Sunday, Dec 8, from 8a-5p. I've been doing some research and wondered if this plan is doable:

• 9-10:30a at Pirate Museum (is this enough time? too much?)
  • take jitney #10 to Fish Fry to arrive about 11a and be done eating by 12:45p - is this even possible in this time frame on a Sunday? I can't find info about opening times except for one restaurant where it was listed in a review (Gullie's which said they open at 11, but can we count on that?) and I know service takes a while so I don't know if we'll have time to eat if they don't open until noon...
  • walk to Ardastra Garden for 1:30p Lorry feeding & 2:15p flamingo show
  • Take #10 jitney or walk back to port to arrive by 4:15p.

I appreciate any insight from those in the know!

We're looking forward to our first trip to the Bahamas!

The only issue might be the fish fry. Some open at 11am/ some 11:30am.. but at this point, the kitchen is just getting fired up so things are very slow, and some menu items many not even be available.

You might want to ask the server what you can get that's available quickly.

They do not like being rushed.

I think I would do it the other way around - go to Ardastra first for the morning lorry feeding and flamingo show. By then, the Fish Fry will definitely be open. Then take the #10 bus back to town and walk to the Pirate Museum. That way you will be near the ship and won't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic.

I only know a out the pirate museum, wanted to say its a quick walk from the ship and its a very cool place! 1.5 hrs should be good, you might just need an hr. we only took an he but our daughter was younger so she didn't look at everything so closely.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The only issue might be the fish fry. Some open at 11am/ some 11:30am.. but at this point, the kitchen is just getting fired up so things are very slow, and some menu items many not even be available.

You might want to ask the server what you can get that's available quickly.

They do not like being rushed.

Absolutely agree! Meals at fish fry can take quite a while at times. :rolleyes:

Gosh, no, they do not like to be nor will they be rushed.

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks for the input - I agree that the Fish Fry is the sticking point and why I was wondering if my plan would work. I really want to eat there since everyone says it is so great, but I don't want us to go and not have time to eat - a hungry 6-year-old is not one to be trifled with! ;)

Is there somewhere else we could plan to eat that would allow us to get to Ardastra by 1pm if we finish at the Pirate Museum at 10:30? We were really interested in trying some conch! (Though not the salad because we don't eat onions). Fritters or cracked both sound great and a chowder sounds yummy, too!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Archived