Excellent Cunard Solo deals perhaps their listening.

Pennbank

Some excellent Solo deals in the UK with Cunard at the moment.

Queen Victoria - 5 November 2013 - 12 nights

Southampton - Madeira - La Palma - Tenerife

Lanzarote - Lisbon - Southampton

Single Inside Cabin FROM ONLY £749

Single Outside Cabin FROM ONLY £874

Single Balcony Cabin FROM ONLY £999

Queen Mary 2 - 12 November 2013 - 14 nights

Southampton - 6 cruising days - New York

6 cruising days - Southampton

Single Inside Cabin FROM ONLY £1049

Single Balcony Cabin FROM ONLY £1349

- Free Onboard Spending Money

$50 for Inside Cabins

$200 for Balcony Cabins

Queen Victoria - 17 November 2013 - 12 nights

Southampton - Lisbon - Agadir - Cadiz - Gibraltar

La Coruna - Southampton

Single Inside Cabin FROM ONLY £624

Single Outside Cabin FROM ONLY £686

Single Balcony Cabin FROM ONLY £874

Queen Victoria - 29 November 2013 - 12 nights

Southampton - Cadiz - Malaga - Barcelona - Gibraltar

La Coruna - Southampton

Single Inside Cabin FROM ONLY £624

Single Outside Cabin FROM ONLY £685

Single Balcony Suite FROM ONLY £749

Queen Mary 2 - 30 November 2013 - 11 nights

Southampton - Lisbon - Tenerife - Gran Canaria

Madeira - Southampton

Single Inside Cabin FROM ONLY £749

Single Outside Cabin FROM ONLY £939

Single Balcony Cabin FROM ONLY £999

I'm in the UK and I can't find those offers! Do they come out by special email? I can't find them on the site itself.

AHA, FOUND THEM. I had to actually do a dummy booking on one of the cruises to find that was what is happening with solos at the moment.

It's the best price I've come across.

Edited by fantasy51

Not only are there no good deals in the US they are charging double for Inside, OV, and Balcony (which Cunard usually only does in Club and Grills). For the 30 Nov. QM2 sailing, the US double occupancy price is almost exactly the same as the UK solo price.

Not only are there no good deals in the US they are charging double for Inside, OV, and Balcony (which Cunard usually only does in Club and Grills). For the 30 Nov. QM2 sailing, the US double occupancy price is almost exactly the same as the UK solo price.

Interesting, here in the UK Cunard usually always charged the x2 rate for solos. I see that when you make an online booking in the USA Credit Card Charge is free for online bookings. UK Bookings on line get at 1.5% surcharge unless you use a debit Card in which case that is free.

USA bookings you have to add the taxes to the fare. UK Bookings all Taxes are included in the fare shown.

Strange how they cost their services in different parts of the world for the same thing.

Hi Jimsgirl, They do occasionally offer reduced single supplements out of NYC. For example, right now the QE's January 2014 Panama Canal trip from NY to San Francisco is available to singles at $3698, inside. You won't find this on Cunard's website but I am pretty sure I mentioned to you where to find the best deals on the web last March. Once armed with information, you can call Cunard and they will pass it on to you. But again, Cunard is being tricky here: For example - they are offering $999 inside on the Jan 3 QM2 T/A pp on their website and about $1200 as a solo - but I can book elsewhere for $605 pp so Cunard is really just doubling their lowest available price for solos. A good deal, but not exactly what it seems............. Such games we have to play to get the best pricing with constantly changing rules............I think the best pricing comes when you receive one of Cunard's close to sailing emails but its hit or miss who receives them....Most of the above listed sailings out of Southampton are also available on the US side at a "reduced" single supplement............

These solo deals are only available from Southampton,why does Cunard never offer them

from any country or port?

First, I think that Cunard offers excellent deals in the US early on in the process. That gives you time to book air fare. Those of us in the UK have to wait for the last minute for cheap deals, which may or may not be available. It is therefore hit and miss for us. It's only worthwhile for retired people with few commitments, not for everybody.

Second, just for fun an American friend and I went to the Future Cruise Office on QV last Wednesday to find out what the next cruise would cost us if we intended to stay on. We found out that the US price was double that of the UK. However, because she was already on the ship, she would have been able to buy the cruise at the UK price. It's always worth asking when you're on the ship, if you have a flexible air fare that can be changed. It may be cheap to stay on for a B-to-B.

Some excellent Solo deals in the UK with Cunard at the moment.

Queen Mary 2 - 12 November 2013 - 14 nights

Southampton - 6 cruising days - New York

6 cruising days - Southampton

Single Inside Cabin FROM ONLY £1049

Single Balcony Cabin FROM ONLY £1349

- Free Onboard Spending Money

$50 for Inside Cabins

$200 for Balcony Cabins

Can't seem to find the OBC anywhere for this one. It's not mentioned on the Cunard site and none of my usual agents are advertising it.

Edited by canny_cruiser

Not Solo prices but perhaps indicating why they are so low - yesterday I saw the QM2 Nov 12 round trip crossing (14 nights) advertised at 699pp (inside) 799 (balcony)

& that is with OBC

$200 per person on-board ship credit on Balcony cabins

$100 per person on-board credit on Inside cabins

In fact OH wanted to 'jump ship Mid Atlantic' to get onboard (we are sailing to the Canaries next week) :)

First, I think that Cunard offers excellent deals in the US early on in the process. That gives you time to book air fare. Those of us in the UK have to wait for the last minute for cheap deals, which may or may not be available. It is therefore hit and miss for us. It's only worthwhile for retired people with few commitments, not for everybody.

Second, just for fun an American friend and I went to the Future Cruise Office on QV last Wednesday to find out what the next cruise would cost us if we intended to stay on. We found out that the US price was double that of the UK. However, because she was already on the ship, she would have been able to buy the cruise at the UK price. It's always worth asking when you're on the ship, if you have a flexible air fare that can be changed. It may be cheap to stay on for a B-to-B.

Let me understand this, if she had not been with you, she would not have thought to enquire re the UK price , since being US citizen it would not be the normal thing to do and she would simply have been told the US price which was DOUBLE!.

You also state that she was told she could have the UK price "because she was on the ship", but what about other cruiser also "on the ship" would they as non UK residents been offered the UK price, or would they have "lucked out"?

Pardon me if I think the situation "unethical" on the part of Cunard.

Let me understand this, if she had not been with you, she would not have thought to enquire re the UK price , since being US citizen it would not be the normal thing to do and she would simply have been told the US price which was DOUBLE!.

You also state that she was told she could have the UK price "because she was on the ship", but what about other cruiser also "on the ship" would they as non UK residents been offered the UK price, or would they have "lucked out"?

Pardon me if I think the situation "unethical" on the part of Cunard.

Jimsgirl, I have no idea what would have happened. I know that we did not ask if she could have the UK price; the future sales person volunteered it. I would like to think that would be offered to anyone in the same position, but perhaps it would only happen if someone looked as though they would not persevere in buying the cruise! I know we went because we had been told there were deep discounts available, and we prefaced our query with that. I guess in such a situation she would have been mad not to offer those discounts.

Edited by fantasy51

On Cunards UK site.

9th November 2013 on Queen Victoria for solo travellers a late deal to the Med

It's a 12 night cruise on the Cunard Getaway promotion for.

£624 for an inside cabin

£686 for a obstructed outside cabin

£749 for a balcony cabin

Zider, which cruise do you mean?

Queen Elizabeth is leaving on 9th November but the site is still showing solo prices as being double the per person rate.

Queen Victoria leaves on 5 November and currently shows

Inside £749

Oceanview £874

Other grades are sold out.

Zider, which cruise do you mean?

Queen Elizabeth is leaving on 9th November but the site is still showing solo prices as being double the per person rate.

Queen Victoria leaves on 5 November and currently shows

Inside £749

Oceanview £874

Other grades are sold out.

Sorry my mistake it should read 29th November NOT the 9th on the Q.V.

• 3 weeks later...

just booked the QM2 Iberian and canaries cruise 11 nights got a sheltered balcony cabin

single rate of £599 amazing!

my friend is joining me and got an inside cabin for £449

cannot wait for the cruise...also queen Elizabeth to NYC in Jan is only £299 right now (cruise only inside) very tempted!

cannot wait for the cruise...also queen Elizabeth to NYC in Jan is only £299 right now (cruise only inside) very tempted!

I've been watching this one as I've not sailed on her. On the info page it says sole sup is 125% but when I try to book it comes to £434 which is nearer 50%.

Edited by canny_cruiser

I've been watching this one as I've not sailed on her. On the info page it says sole sup is 125% but when I try to book it comes to £434 which is nearer 50%.

Cunard's wording is:

"We've introduced a new supplement for Single guests - 125% of the DOUBLE OCCUPANCY fare" - so if you add 25% of double occupancy to single occupancy then the figure is much closer to the £434 - I am guessing but maybe that is the calculation??

Cunard's wording is:

"We've introduced a new supplement for Single guests - 125% of the DOUBLE OCCUPANCY fare" - so if you add 25% of double occupancy to single occupancy then the figure is much closer to the £434 - I am guessing but maybe that is the calculation??

Ah, you mean 25% of £598 (i.e. £299X2) plus £299? But they say sup is 125% (not 25%) of double occ so that would mean it was £750 as the supplement plus, presumably, one X £299?

My understanding would be that a solo fare is 125% of ONE double occupancy fare. There's also a bit which says all supplements are added before any fuel supplement is applied so I calculated the solo rate for an inside as £239 + 25% + £60 fuel supplement = £359 which is £84 less than they are asking.

It's the only reason I've not booked so far!

Ah, you mean 25% of £598 (i.e. £299X2) plus £299? But they say sup is 125% (not 25%) of double occ so that would mean it was £750 as the supplement plus, presumably, one X £299?

My understanding would be that a solo fare is 125% of ONE double occupancy fare. There's also a bit which says all supplements are added before any fuel supplement is applied so I calculated the solo rate for an inside as £239 + 25% + £60 fuel supplement = £359 which is £84 less than they are asking.

It's the only reason I've not booked so far!

Their wording does appear a little bit ambiguous>

Maybe its worth a phone call to Cunard.