Steakhouse attire?

eelia74

I just watched the Food Network special with Guy and his family and I noticed when they were getting ready for the Steakhouse he mentioned he had to wear a sports coat or a tie? Is this correct and should my husband bring a tie?

Yes, Guy is absolutely correct. :) In Carnival's FAQs it says that the dress code for the steakhouse is Cruise Elegant but that jeans are allowed on Cruise Casual nights. I would definatly tell your DH to pack his jacket and tie!!

I don't think that he needs to wear a tie. I've only been to the steakhouse once, so I might not be the best one to give advise for this, but I saw quite a handful of people wearing slacks and button up shirts that night.

We have gone to the steakhouse on every cruise and DH has not ever worn a tie or jacket. He wears nice slacks and a Tommy Bahama shirt, no problems. But then again, we've never gone on elegant night where the dress is a little nicer.

From Carnival's FAQ:

The Steakhouse

With an elegant, but fun-filled, relaxed and somewhat casual atmosphere and a menu that includes steakhouse favorites, the Steakhouse is guaranteed to be a favorite dining spot. For a nominal fee of $35 USD per person, guests can take in the atmosphere and enjoy the amazing culinary creations of our chefs.

The fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staffs’ gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. The $35 USD fee also applies to children.

The Steakhouse is an alternative to eating in the Main Dining Room or the Lido Restaurant, open daily, 5:30pm-9:30pm.

The dress code for the Steakhouse is Cruise Elegant (Jeans permitted on Cruise Casual evenings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Guy is absolutely correct. :) In Carnival's FAQs it says that the dress code for the steakhouse is Cruise Elegant but that jeans are allowed on Cruise Casual nights. I would definatly tell your DH to pack his jacket and tie!!

Not correct. Jacket and/or tie is not a requirement. Even on elegant night.

I just watched the Food Network special with Guy and his family and I noticed when they were getting ready for the Steakhouse he mentioned he had to wear a sports coat or a tie? Is this correct and should my husband bring a tie?

Unless he would be "under dressed" to what you'll be wearing on the cruise elegant nights, I'd say no tie required. I've worn a sport coat & tie twice, as we ate in the steakhouse rather than the MDR on cruise elegant nights, and DW wanted to have photos taken as well; but on other occasions we've eaten there, either a polo shirt & slacks, or a muted colors Hawaiian shirt & slacks.

I've only seen jeans being worn one time; most people dress a little nicer to eat in the steakhouses - it's not just about the food, it's the experience too.

The dress code for the steakhouse is Carnivals version of cruise elegant every night. This means jacket and tie are merely suggested.

Sailed on the Freedom in April of 2012 and ate in the steakhouse on one of the elegant evenings. DH wore dress slacks, dress shirt and tie..no jacket. We saw others with just dress slacks and nice shirt..no tie or jacket.

They relax the dress code on embarkation night since some may not have received their luggage at their reservation time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, the Steakhouse on Embarkation night is Cruise Casual. You can even wear jeans if you want, however, you can't wear shorts. They will ask you to leave and put on slacks. Doesn't matter if your luggage hasn't arrived. No shorts allowed.

Archived