Taxi cost to Sapphire Beach

heather6699

I have been reading about taxi costs and I am not quite clear, so asking what is probably a repeated question. :)

I believe the taxi cost from Havensight port to Sapphire is $20-30 per person. Is that round trip? Is that cost the same if we are in a larger group (8)? I have seen round trip prices mentioned and so does that mean the same taxi driver picks you up or do you just catch a taxi in each direction when you need it?

Oh and does anyone know if construction is still going on in the Sapphire beach area?

Thanks in advance!

If you get a private cab around 20 minutes. The open air Safari Cabs hold around 20 passengers and can make additional beach stops so around 30 minutes for this option. Add another 10-15 minutes returning to the ship due to extra traffic.

The two closest beaches to the port are MorningStar and Emerald, around 10 minutes.

Jst grab a taxi heading to Sapphire, Secret Harbor, Coki, or Smiths Bay (the East End beaches) , the taxi coordinator at the dock will direct you.

Some here will recommend walking out of the dock area to save time, and maybe. But no worries - just grab a taxi and go, 30 minutes and you are in the sand (best beach on STT in our humble opinion).

The rate from Havensight to Sapphire is $20pp roundtrip for 2 or more ppl, add $2pp from Crown.

The rehab on the condo bldgs is being done in low season. So between June and Novmber beware the noise.

L2F: Are you asking for one taxi just for the 4 of you? If you ask for a private taxi, you will probably be charged a rate for the whole vehicle. The private taxis are the government regulated ones- they can be safari (open air), closed van, or smaller autos. The safari-route vehicles (run on the public bus route) are identical to the government regulated ones. There are no markings to make it clear to visitors. Do as Blue says, just ask the dispatcher for a taxi going to your destination and ask for the rate in advance. You can ask for a smaller vehicle, but I don't know how many of them there are at the dock.

L2F: Are you asking for one taxi just for the 4 of you? If you ask for a private taxi, you will probably be charged a rate for the whole vehicle. The private taxis are the government regulated ones- they can be safari (open air), closed van, or smaller autos. The safari-route vehicles (run on the public bus route) are identical to the government regulated ones. There are no markings to make it clear to visitors. Do as Blue says, just ask the dispatcher for a taxi going to your destination and ask for the rate in advance. You can ask for a smaller vehicle, but I don't know how many of them there are at the dock.

I was hoping for a single taxi for the 4 of us. I know the year we were there it seemed like we were outside the port area and just seemed to walk around hoping to find a taxi. Didn't know if there was a place (inside or outside the port area within walking distance) to to this.

There are two cab stations that I am aware of at the Havensight Pier. Number one is right as you enter the security gate into the Havensight mall and number 2 is straight out the sidewalk towards the street.

Edited by caribsun

I went thru these same questions when I went to STT in August. I wanted to get to Sapphire with my 3 grandsons (ages 3, 11, and 12) and finally decided the ship's excursion was the best and cheapest way to go. I was spared the hassle of getting a taxi while towing a 3 year old, plus I knew the ship almost certainly wouldn't leave without me. Maybe if I'd been there before or if it was a group of all adults I would do it differently, but the excursion was worth it for me.

It's rare for me to do a ship's excursion, btw, since I usually have a better time and save money by arranging things on my own. This was an unusual situation where it was better to go with the ship.

Sapphire was awesome and I really appreciated the shade. The kids loved the iguanas too.

Again, just have a taxi coordinator at the dock direct you to a waiting taxi - no fuss, no muss and unless you completely ignore the time you will not miss the ship! Just give yourself a couple hours to be extra safe.

If you want a private taxi just walk out to the street and hail one.

Is there some general direction you could provide? THanks in advance.

Did you see the youtube clip? It gives a good correlation of the ship to the street along with a sign that says taxi.

When on the ship go to a upper deck and you can clearly see the area.

Just vaguely remember when there a few years ago that we seemed walk about 10 minutes kinda wandering and didn't really see taxis. Waved one down.

Sorry, as you head toward the shopping area you'll see a parking area as well and beyond that is the main street. But before you go that far you should see open-sided safari taxis waiting for fares. Otherwise you would walk all the way out to the street to hail a taxi.

You should be fine once you get there and see everything.

there is 13 of us looking to go to Sapphire, what is the best way?

The normal option is to grab a taxi at the dock, the taxi coordinator will direct you to the next taxi leaving. The fare is $18 - 20pp roundtrip from Havensight where you are docked.

How difficult is it to get a taxi back to the dock and how much time does it take? Thank you in advance:) This is my last port to figure out and I'm a planner and get stressed when things aren't planned:(

There will be taxis at the lobby picking folks up,no worries. It's a 25 min drive but may be longer on the return so allow 1 hour to get back to port just to be safe. The drivers are very helpful too as they do this all day every day.;) You may see your driver again, but there is no need to coordinate with a driver to return. Just relax and enjoy your day, Sapphire is gorgeous and the water colors and island views are beautiful from your shady spot.

Be sure to get a mahi mahi sandwich from the Banana Cabana beach grill located between condo bldgs B & C, pricey at $14 but very good with a rum punch or a cold beer! And the beer and rum punch is a little cheaper at the dive center.

Enjoy your day! :)

Edited by blue_water