Help deciding on better Asia/Africa itinerary

shootingstar07

To all you experienced Asia/Africa cruisers:

I am looking at the ports on the 2015 Ocean Princess Singapore-Cape Town compared to Cape Town-Dover segment.

The first trip has Phuket, India, Myanmar, Seychelles, Mauritius, Dubai among others.

The second cruise has a lot of ports on the west coast of Africa, Morocco and Canary Islands.

For the most part, all ports are new for me, so no repeats other than embarkation and departure ports. Can you comment on which itinerary you preferred and why you liked it. Please help me decide!!

Thank you.

We've been to India, Phuket and Dubai (+ other ports in the UAE, etc) and found them interesting. Be aware, that there now are more pirate attacks on the west coast of Africa, in particular around Liberia, than on the east coast around Somalia.

If I could only do one I would do the first one. It will offer much more diversity and major sites to see.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Have you done the west coast of Africa? If so, any highlights?

As to my original question, my DH would agree with you. He worked in Africa many years and doesn't think the west coast has the best ports of call. We are thinking of dropping the Capetown-Dover segment and doing a land tour of places on our bucket list - Victoria Falls, safari in Tanzania. Then on to several days in Morocco as well as Funchal. Gets tough with planning all those flights, hotels, tours, packing/unpacking, etc. Bucket list or the ease of being on a cruise ship 32 days.....:eek::eek:

shootingstar07, we have done a portion of West Africa and this Spring our cruise will include stops in about 8 West Africa Ports as part of a long cruise we are on.

The first itinerary is just going to provide a wide variety of places to see and things to do which will be far greater than the choices in West Africa.

Keith

Archived