Cost of Tour to Secret Falls/Irie Blue Hole

cluv123

We will be traveling on the Allure OTS in February docking in Falmouth and just wondering on the prices that are out there for tours with the private companies for a family of 4 to Secret Falls?

What companies have you used and what was the cost? Also how long was your day or tour?

Thanks so much!

Edited by cluv123

My wife and I went with Ricardo and Liberty last month. For $70 per person we did a ton of sight seeing, went to the secret falls, shopping, and lunch at Scotches. It was a very personal, informative, laid back full day excursion. There was 4 of us in the van total, and maybe 12 people at the falls from other guides.

This was by far our favorite thing we did on our entire 7 day cruise, and would recommend it to anyone.

You may find cheaper elsewhere, but your likely going to be with a larger group, and that will take away a lot from the experience.

$70 per person was our price, and way cheaper then the ship excursions that provided less of an experience.

Hope that helps!

Try Courtney Taylor. It was a private tour with my family of 5. You have to pay $15 per person just for the Blue Hole. Then, transportation from Falmouth to the Blue Hole is $35 per person. Courtney will take good care of you. After 5 minutes with him, I felt so relieved that he was our driver!

We will be traveling on the Allure OTS in February docking in Falmouth and just wondering on the prices that are out there for tours with the private companies for a family of 4 to Secret Falls?

What companies have you used and what was the cost? Also how long was your day or tour?

Thanks so much!

We used Peat Taylor Tours for our family of 5 to be picked up from Montego Bay to visit Dunns River Falls, go river tubing and explore the Irie Blue Hole.

Our private tour with pick-up from and return to Montego Bay was $100/person and this rate included all admission fees to the sites. We were given 1 1/2 hours to spend at each site.

If you love adventure, than the Irie Blue Hole is the place for you! The Irie Blue Hole features beautiful turquoise waters, hidden caves, thrilling cliff jumps and exciting plunges off a Tarzan rope swing with attentive guides that treat you like V.I.P's. Our visit to the Irie Blue Hole became the highlight of our Jamaican vacation.

If you wish to only visit the Irie Blue Hole, Peat Taylor Tours can take you there from Falmouth for $50/adult (this rate includes admission). (http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=108)

We had an awesome day with Peat Taylor Tours. We had Peat's eldest son, Oneil as our guide. Oneil was professional, friendly, informative, entertaining and humorous too. We are so glad that we had booked our Ocho Rios excursion through Peat Taylor Tours--they were fantastic and really looked after us. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

If you would like more information about our experience at the Irie Blue Hole, I have written a review on Trip Advisor with photo's.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d1997485-r176527386-Blue_Hole-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Edited by dz63

My family and I have used several tour groups while cruising to Jamaica, but I would have to agree with Tjterrill. We went to the Secret Falls with Ricardo - Liberty Tours Jamaica on November 6th. It was the best tour ever!! This excursion with Liberty was the highlight of our cruise! Our tour lasted about 5 hours, we spent about 2 hours at the Irie/Secret Falls, then lunch at Scotchies, some sightseeing, then some shopping. We requested a wheelchair lift van/bus for 17 people. The cost was under 60.00pp. Worth every penny!! Can't wait to do it again!

I am curious how you handled this trip with a wheel chair. I am interested in booking a trip to the the Blue Hole but my husband has mobility issues as he has had knee replacement surgery and is chronic pain. Would be able to access the falls either by electric scooter or not too much walking? He would love to go and see it as well as experience our teen boys and myself jumping off falls.

• 1 month later...
Not recommended for persons in a wheel chair, this is a challenging activity so I would say no no.

We just did this with Rusty Rose and would not recommend this activity for mobility challenged individuals. It was the best excursion we have ever done. It is similar to Dunns River falls with 2000 less people and more freedom to explore and fun jumping off the cliffs!

Sent from my C6606 using Forums mobile app

We are going to go with Rusty and it is $25/pp and he can handle groups up to 30.

Sent from my MB855 using Forums mobile app

Rusty is a common driver for a resort in Ocho Rios and his car is NOT air conditioned, the original poster is docking in Falmouth on the Allure. How is he handling a group of 30??

Edited by rosebud1g

Rusty is a common driver for a resort in Ocho Rios and his car is NOT air conditioned, the original poster is docking in Falmouth on the Allure. How is he handling a group of 30??

He said he had 2 vans, the one we were in had A/C

Sent from my C6606 using Forums mobile app

I am curious how you handled this trip with a wheel chair. I am interested in booking a trip to the the Blue Hole but my husband has mobility issues as he has had knee replacement surgery and is chronic pain. Would be able to access the falls either by electric scooter or not too much walking? He would love to go and see it as well as experience our teen boys and myself jumping off falls.

No, not a great place for people in a wheelchair. I did not go down to the falls, even though they offered to carry me down and back up. There is a steep hill to climb down and then climb back up. We did have some elderly people with us who were able to go down with help from the guides at the falls.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the tour cost from the cruiseport in Ocho Rios. I read on trip advisor that there is no fee for the Blue Hole, just transportation cost.

In addition to a transportation cost, there is an admission fee of $15/person for the Blue Hole. A tour company like Peat Taylor Tours can take you there from the cruise port in Ocho Rios for $35/adult--and this rate includes the admission fee.

Edited by dz63

My family and I have used several tour groups while cruising to Jamaica, but I would have to agree with Tjterrill. We went to the Secret Falls with Ricardo - Liberty Tours Jamaica on November 6th. It was the best tour ever!! This excursion with Liberty was the highlight of our cruise! Our tour lasted about 5 hours, we spent about 2 hours at the Irie/Secret Falls, then lunch at Scotchies, some sightseeing, then some shopping. We requested a wheelchair lift van/bus for 17 people. The cost was under 60.00pp. Worth every penny!! Can't wait to do it again!

Totally agree with you! Liberty Tours Jamaica was awesome. We had researched and emailed other companies before our arrival and Liberty's price was the best to get us to Secret Falls, sightseeing and lunch at Scotchies. I'm happy we chose them, since we only had a small group of eight, we were able to have our own driver -Ricardo and van for a personalized tour.

Twinbee- that was very courteous of Ricardo to arrange that van for you. That's what makes Liberty Tours so unique- they will take care of your needs.

Can't wait to return to Jamaica again and use Liberty!!

In addition to a transportation cost, there is an admission fee of $15/person for the Blue Hole. A tour company like Peat Taylor Tours can take you there from the cruise port in Ocho Rios for $35/adult--and this rate includes the admission fee.

Hmmmm.....I contacted Courtney Taylor Tours and was quoted $29.00 plus the $15,00 admission fee from cruise port in Ocho Rios. Read on Trip Advisor that there is no entrance fee, you just tip the guides. Anyone have any recent experience going there - other than on a tour like with Liberty Tours?

Hmmmm.....I contacted Courtney Taylor Tours and was quoted $29.00 plus the $15,00 admission fee from cruise port in Ocho Rios. Read on Trip Advisor that there is no entrance fee, you just tip the guides. Anyone have any recent experience going there - other than on a tour like with Liberty Tours?

I have reservation through Liberty with Ricardo in Feb. I asked him this very question while on the phone. He explained that there is now a fee for the workers there and for up keeping. If you do some research on the Blue Hole you will find that they have been slowly working on the grounds. I think I might of found a youtube video of the two people who purchased the land....

Hope this helps some. I too was quoted $15.00 entry fee and from other threads that appears to be what many others are getting as well...

I have a couple of questions referring Ricardo's tour......

How many can he take in the van? Has anyone booked a "private tour?"

We are thinking about a "private tour" for our small group of 4.

Thks!

Thks!

I have a private tour booked with him for Feb 19, my group started off small but it slowly growing to 10-15. Best thing is to contact them via email from their website & you can also get an idea of what tour packages they have or tell them what you'd like.

I've read nothing but Good reviews about him. I hope this helps some!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Forums mobile app

Hello,

I received a quote from Liberty Tours, Recardo and he quoted me:

"Secret Falls / Blue Hole / Lunch"

Cost of Tour: $75.00 U.S.D per person Roundtrip Transport + Entrance Fee + Lunch

I thought I read that the price was closer to $70.00 p/p + entrance feel of $15.00 to the Secret Falls / Blue Hole and lunch (Scotch's) was included....

Can someone confirm this one way or another as why my quote is on the high side??? :eek: (I have a party of aprox. 5 as of now)

Thanks,

bpphoto

I have reservation through Liberty with Ricardo in Feb. I asked him this very question while on the phone. He explained that there is now a fee for the workers there and for up keeping. If you do some research on the Blue Hole you will find that they have been slowly working on the grounds. I think I might of found a youtube video of the two people who purchased the land....

Hope this helps some. I too was quoted $15.00 entry fee and from other threads that appears to be what many others are getting as well...

Can I ask how much you were quoted from Recardo for your tour??? And how many in your party? :confused:

Edited by bpphoto

Thks!

We used Ricardo in August for a private tour with our group of 8. He had a new Toyota Van when we went. You may want to email him and ask him to call you to arrange your custom tour. He can accommodate larger groups if need be as well.

Hello,

I received a quote from Liberty Tours, Recardo and he quoted me:

"Secret Falls / Blue Hole / Lunch"

Cost of Tour: $75.00 U.S.D per person Roundtrip Transport + Entrance Fee + Lunch

I thought I read that the price was closer to $70.00 p/p + entrance feel of $15.00 to the Secret Falls / Blue Hole and lunch (Scotch's) was included....

Can someone confirm this one way or another as why my quote is on the high side??? :eek: (I have a party of aprox. 5 as of now)

Thanks,

bpphoto

That is actually a reasonable price based on the service you will be receiving. You will be with him all day, he will stay with you the entire time and help you at the falls, watch over your valuables in his locked van, you will be on your time, not ship tour time. I would not hesitate to pay that price, its a steal for what you are getting.

Considering the ship tours are $100 and higher for less time, a taxi meter would be running by the second, you will not be with a bus load of people herded like cattle, the falls are only available with a private tour, these are only a few of the negatives...think positive!

Can I ask how much you were quoted from Recardo for your tour??? And how many in your party? :confused:

I was quoted the same price $70.00, with a group of 5-10. The best part is your on your own time. You can spend less time at one location to spend more time at another.. and how many other tours have multiple destinations??? ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Forums mobile app