Cost of Tour to Secret Falls/Irie Blue Hole

cluv123

Hello,

I received a quote from Liberty Tours, Recardo and he quoted me:

"Secret Falls / Blue Hole / Lunch"

Cost of Tour: $75.00 U.S.D per person Roundtrip Transport + Entrance Fee + Lunch

I thought I read that the price was closer to $70.00 p/p + entrance feel of $15.00 to the Secret Falls / Blue Hole and lunch (Scotch's) was included....

Can someone confirm this one way or another as why my quote is on the high side??? :eek: (I have a party of aprox. 5 as of now)

Thanks,

bpphoto

This matches what we got...We have a quote for $270 for private tour of 2. It would be only $75/ea if we could find 2 or more to go as well. So far we haven't (we'll be there 1/21). The $75 includes transportation, entrance fees to Blue Hole, and lunch at Scotchies.

• 2 weeks later...

In September, we went in a small group from Montego Bay. The cost was $30/pp transportation and no entrance fee. You were expected (and wanted) to tip the guides, as they were a great help.

We are planning on going with a cruise group from Ocho Rios in a couple of weeks, and we were also quoted a $15/pp entrance fee and a total cost around $70/pp.

I'm not sure about the entrance fee thing...there definitely was not one in September, but it wasn't an "organized" group. Maybe they only charge "tour" groups. I'm not sure, but it is confusing.

Edited by csss31399

I just booked with Courtney Taylor. We are getting $35 pp for transportation only to go to blue hole and white river for tubing. Entrance fees and tubing is extra but the whole package exclusive of lunch is $290 for 4 people. Seems like a good deal to me, especially as we have the van and driver just for our family. (I don't mind sharing except I hate to wait for people to show up for tour! We're very punctual, even on a cruise.) Also I only had to pay $25 deposit with the rest due day of, unlike RCCL which charges the entire fee for tours at the time of reservation.

Question, where exactly is the blue hole? When I searched on google maps it said it was about 2 hours from Falmouth but that seems wrong based on the time he told us the tour would take. Anyone know? How long did it take to get there from Falmouth? Thanks,

Edited by DrD

In September, we went in a small group from Montego Bay. The cost was $30/pp transportation and no entrance fee. You were expected (and wanted) to tip the guides, as they were a great help.

We are planning on going with a cruise group from Ocho Rios in a couple of weeks, and we were also quoted a $15/pp entrance fee and a total cost around $70/pp.

I'm not sure about the entrance fee thing...there definitely was not one in September, but it wasn't an "organized" group. Maybe they only charge "tour" groups. I'm not sure, but it is confusing.

Can I ask how much you are supposed to tip the guides at the falls?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Try Courtney Taylor. It was a private tour with my family of 5. You have to pay $15 per person just for the Blue Hole. Then, transportation from Falmouth to the Blue Hole is $35 per person. Courtney will take good care of you. After 5 minutes with him, I felt so relieved that he was our driver!

I agree with your review. Worth every penny. Courtney Taylor Tours seems safe.

I just booked with Courtney Taylor. We are getting $35 pp for transportation only to go to blue hole and white river for tubing. Entrance fees and tubing is extra but the whole package exclusive of lunch is $290 for 4 people. Seems like a good deal to me, especially as we have the van and driver just for our family. (I don't mind sharing except I hate to wait for people to show up for tour! We're very punctual, even on a cruise.) Also I only had to pay $25 deposit with the rest due day of, unlike RCCL which charges the entire fee for tours at the time of reservation.

Question, where exactly is the blue hole? When I searched on google maps it said it was about 2 hours from Falmouth but that seems wrong based on the time he told us the tour would take. Anyone know? How long did it take to get there from Falmouth? Thanks,

Hey...we are on the same 3/30 sailing...we did a private tour to Blue hole when we were in Flamouth on a Holand America cruise in Nov. It took a little over an hour to get there...it is beyond Ocho Rios...

• 2 months later...

How can I find Rusty?

I looked into courtney tours and it is $150 for the day tour. not including all the fees for blue hole or anything else to do there.

I was really just interested in spending the day at the blue hole not taking a tour around or anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

I booked with Marvyn's paradise tours and while he was a tad higher in prices, had the best overall reviews. Our charge for 8 is $300 for the day, but we have it as long as we want and on our schedule. I have seen quotes of $10/pp for Blue hole entrance and then tipping for the guides. From my understanding, the roads are really bad as that is the reason for getting from one place to another is so lengthy. Not like jumping on the freeway and head over like we do here. A few years ago I drove in Barbados and while I could manage the other side of the road, sighs were nonexistent and I am really good with landmarks, but it was "interesting" so I don't mind a driver in a different country who knows where they're going.

The cost is somewhat dependent on your departure point. We went last week to Blue Hole from Falmouth with Phil Lafayette (http://jamaicaphil.com), and his price was $50 per adult for Blue Hole inclusive of any entry fee that might have been charged.

We chose Phil as his prices were among the most economical and he had good tripadvisor and cruise critic recommendations so we felt safe. We were with two other couples that had booked with him through his website in an air-conditioned van. We were very pleased with our day, and we never felt rushed and got back in plenty of time to shop at the port before getting back on the Freedom of the Seas.