Hamptinn Inn Miami & Bricknell

smyemar

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here before & their thoughts? Other hotels I was planning on booking (Hyatt & Intercontinental) are already booked for my pre- cruise stay and this is the one I am considering. We will not have a vehicle and want to be close to restaurants and somewhere to buy wine to bring onboard. Any suggestions for good eateries are welcome as well!:)

I recommend the Hampton Inn. It is right near Mary Brickell Village which has lots of restaurants and some stores and a supermarket and a pharmacy (both have wine) for last minute items. It also includes a nice breakfast. Location is perfect without a car to get to all of this.

I would book it.

Keith

Great hotel. Not only do I live right by it but I stayed there while looking for a place.

There are tons of restaurants close by, shops and restaurants. You can also walk to 2 Publix grocery stores and a Walgreens where you can purchase your wine.

I will tell you that my favorite restaurant right here happens to be The River Oyster, which is walkable. (I hate to say how many times a week I am here.!) But for steaks, Edge Steakhouse is great as is Wolfgangs. We have great Italian places, Sumi Yakitori is a wonderful Japanese experience, wonderful seafood places, etc. If you let me know what you prefer, I can give you lots of suggestions.

If you are here during stone crab season and like them, there is a really casual quick place to grab some right around the corner from your hotel. I had them twice there last week and then all you can eat stone crabs at Trulucks Monday night and can honestly say that I prefer the ones at My Ceviche. 3 times in a week was wonderful that's for sure!

Great hotel. Not only do I live right by it but I stayed there while looking for a place.

There are tons of restaurants close by, shops and restaurants. You can also walk to 2 Publix grocery stores and a Walgreens where you can purchase your wine.

I will tell you that my favorite restaurant right here happens to be The River Oyster, which is walkable. (I hate to say how many times a week I am here.!) But for steaks, Edge Steakhouse is great as is Wolfgangs. We have great Italian places, Sumi Yakitori is a wonderful Japanese experience, wonderful seafood places, etc. If you let me know what you prefer, I can give you lots of suggestions.

If you are here during stone crab season and like them, there is a really casual quick place to grab some right around the corner from your hotel. I had them twice there last week and then all you can eat stone crabs at Trulucks Monday night and can honestly say that I prefer the ones at My Ceviche. 3 times in a week was wonderful that's for sure!

I hope you don't mind if I tag onto this thread and ask a followup question.

We normally eat at Pericone's a couple of times each time we stay at a nearby hotel. We pretty much prefer fish and a nice salad and like the atmosphere there. Are there any other Italian restaurants that are also around there that you might recommend that we consider trying or should be stick with Pericone's.

Thanks,

Keith

I hope you don't mind if I tag onto this thread and ask a followup question.

We normally eat at Pericone's a couple of times each time we stay at a nearby hotel. We pretty much prefer fish and a nice salad and like the atmosphere there. Are there any other Italian restaurants that are also around there that you might recommend that we consider trying or should be stick with Pericone's.

Thanks,

Keith

You certainly can't beat the atmosphere at Pericone's but there are other great places nearby. Toscana Divino right in Mary Brickell village is really good. I love the food here. Fratelli Milano is another great Italian place. For something casual I have to say that the food at Vapiano is good. It's more pasta, salads and pizzas however. They do make their own pastas and pizza dough fresh every day. Of course Il Gabbiano is top notch.

River Oyster isn't Italian but their salads and fish are great. Have you ever tried this place?

though I love shellfish, I don't really care for fish. They have a Wild mushroom encrusted Black grouper that is just terrific and I will have some of my husbands. Their chopped salad or kale salad is really good.

You certainly can't beat the atmosphere at Pericone's but there are other great places nearby. Toscana Divino right in Mary Brickell village is really good. I love the food here. Fratelli Milano is another great Italian place. For something casual I have to say that the food at Vapiano is good. It's more pasta, salads and pizzas however. They do make their own pastas and pizza dough fresh every day. Of course Il Gabbiano is top notch.

River Oyster isn't Italian but their salads and fish are great. Have you ever tried this place?

though I love shellfish, I don't really care for fish. They have a Wild mushroom encrusted Black grouper that is just terrific and I will have some of my husbands. Their chopped salad or kale salad is really good.

Thanks for the recommendations. We spend about a week in Miami most years and will be there again in 2014. I've written down your recommendations and will check out some of them.

Thanks again.

Keith

Thanks for all the advice! It will be six woman going to dinner so where we go will have to have lots of options as we all have some different tastes. I love the name the River Oyster but am not a fan of seafood so is there other options here as well like Steak, chicken nice salads etc? Sounds interesting but I am now definitely sold on the Hamptinn Inn and will book it before it gets sold out. Thanks again!:)

Thanks for all the advice! It will be six woman going to dinner so where we go will have to have lots of options as we all have some different tastes. I love the name the River Oyster but am not a fan of seafood so is there other options here as well like Steak, chicken nice salads etc? Sounds interesting but I am now definitely sold on the Hamptinn Inn and will book it before it gets sold out. Thanks again!:)

If you want a full service hotel then here are three to check out:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Epic Hotel

They are all within a short distance of one another.

You can pick up wine nearby at the CVS or just walk to Mary Brickell which is about a 20 minute walk or even take a taxi.

I know you mentioned intercontinental and Hyatt.

Marriott Marquis is newer.

Keith

They have steaks, chicken, salads, flatbreads, mushroom risotto and other dishes. There will be plenty of places to eat close by for the six of you.

There is actually a new gastro pub opening up called Batch Gastropub right at the bottom of The Hampton inn. It won't be soon though, they seem to be going slow. I just walked by this evening and peered in the window.

Archived