Yes- you can make an early flight out of FLL

calimn

I will note in order for this to take place as smoothly as it did for me. You need to be lined up for self walk off no later than 5:50am.

All flyers say it starts at 6:30, but as you can tell from my schedule it started well before that.

Also, I walked up to immigration with no line. Was probably the 5-6 person off the oasis. Those that were off before me I passed during the long walk.

This is very true......we just got off the Allure yesterday and all printed info said Express walk off started at 6:45 but we had two staff people tell us to be in line by 6:00. We walked off about 6:20......caught the shuttle to the Park & Go ( who was there waiting on us) and was on I-95 by 6:40.

There is always so many questions about making early flights after a cruise. So just wanted to share our experience. Sailed on Allure and since we had to fly cross coutry back to California, wanted to do an early flight. Originally was looking at 10:15 SW flight - but hesitated too long and couldn't get that for a reasonable deal. So decided to take a risk and book the 8:55am flight!! I am normally a person who hates being late and am a planner so this seemed really risky but since worse case was I called Southwest and delay the reservation with no fee - decided to risk it.

Printed out our boarding passes day before (free in internet center). Carried our luggare off the ship. We left our stateroom at 6:30 - no issue walking off the ship. Had too wait 2 elavator cycles at the port, but got through that and quickly cleared customs. After some confusion on where taxi's are (on exiting building go left, cross the street to taxi line, even though signage seems to indicate right in front). Quick taxi ride ($15) and we were at airport. Proceeded through SW line to check our bags, and then headed to security line. Cleared Security and checked time and it was 7:15! So we had plenty of time to get coffee, sit at the gate a bit and easily make our 8:55 flight.

Could unknown delays occur? Yes, but if you want to try, definetly doable as long as you are disciplined to walk out early

This is Oasis or Allure only. You can't get to the airport as early with other ships for the other piers

body still swaying as if I was on the ship but that takes a few days to wear off. here's my account.

breakfast at Windjammer @ 7am. We (2 adults + 2 kids) off ship at 7:30am. we did express, brought out bags with us. The line up at ship customs was insane. Line went round and round and round. About an hour. At the end part, was directed to the USA citizen line which is shorter than the other line with international guests. That was even a longer line. Grab cab to airport. $12.10. Fast ride. Southwest line long too but moved fast. Then printed our boarding pass at the counter and check in 4 bags. My friend at work went online 24 hrs prior to check us in so only needed to print boarding pass and pass over luggage. B35 -38 was our line up. Then the scary part. line up to get to the security line. way down the end of the hall. way way down. Seriously, line up for the line up. then the security guy was calling out those with TSA PRE check on the SW boarding pass gets to go ahead in another line up. 2 of the 4 tickets had this mark on the boarding pass so we moved up. That cut our time too. Otherwise you're stuck in the long long line. Security - no one took off shoes. Security said one time deal....probably because there was a huge amount of people. From time we left our cabin to our boarding gate B2 was a total of almost exactly TWO hours. Our flt was 11:25. Would I have left later...NO. 7:30 departure was my comfort zone not knowing the customs line and SW line and Security line. I've never seen so many people at the customs line before or the airport security line.

body still swaying as if I was on the ship but that takes a few days to wear off. here's my account.

breakfast at Windjammer @ 7am. We (2 adults + 2 kids) off ship at 7:30am. we did express, brought out bags with us. The line up at ship customs was insane. Line went round and round and round. About an hour. At the end part, was directed to the USA citizen line which is shorter than the other line with international guests. That was even a longer line. Grab cab to airport. $12.10. Fast ride. Southwest line long too but moved fast. Then printed our boarding pass at the counter and check in 4 bags. My friend at work went online 24 hrs prior to check us in so only needed to print boarding pass and pass over luggage. B35 -38 was our line up. Then the scary part. line up to get to the security line. way down the end of the hall. way way down. Seriously, line up for the line up. then the security guy was calling out those with TSA PRE check on the SW boarding pass gets to go ahead in another line up. 2 of the 4 tickets had this mark on the boarding pass so we moved up. That cut our time too. Otherwise you're stuck in the long long line. Security - no one took off shoes. Security said one time deal....probably because there was a huge amount of people. From time we left our cabin to our boarding gate B2 was a total of almost exactly TWO hours. Our flt was 11:25. Would I have left later...NO. 7:30 departure was my comfort zone not knowing the customs line and SW line and Security line. I've never seen so many people at the customs line before or the airport security line.

What ship did you disembark from?

off the oasis this morning

Thank you. I think most people agree that the early flights (flights prior to 11:30am) are doable coming off the Oasis and Allure. Terminal 18 has the best set up for disembarking passengers than any of the other terminals at Port Everglades. If you are coming off of any other ship at any of the other terminals then you're rolling the dice on making an early flight.

Edited by Eng23