Worried about disembarkation in San Pedro !

Shippy

Yes, they will give you a time that you should get off..however that doesn't mean you will get off at that time. Getting off our last Princess cruise in Vancouver, our time was 8:30, however, we didn't get off there until 9:45 and that was just because I talked with them and said our transportation was going to be there at 10:00..they put us in with another group. We wished we had walked off, but that time was very early, and I didn't realize that the time doesn't always mean anything.The walkoffs didn't get off any too early either. We didn't have a plane to catch, so we weren't too worried.

When you provide your flight details, etc... Princess will assign a disembarkation group taking into consideration when your flight is, etc... So you should have lots of time.

Checked SW just for the heck of it to see if anything opened up a bit later and it did, so I changed our flight to 2:05. We'll only be getting in an hour later, and they returned 1000 points to us. Best thing is, we won't do carry off now and be pack horses. Glad for the advice you all gave the OP..made me realize I could be cutting it too close.

I think you made the right call. Nothing would ruin a good vacation faster than missing your flight home! Bonus, you can hang out on the ship a little longer.

Was just reading some current reviews for the Golden out of San Pedro.

People said that even though they had to be out of their cabins by 8am...they could not get off the ship until 10 or 11.

We will be traveling on that ship this Thursday.

We have a 10:45 flight out of LAX and will carry our luggage off. I just assumed we had plenty of time.

Please do not comment on the recommended times for fights being after 12pm

the fight we have is what we have. We cruise about 3 times a year and have never got off a ship that late.

Can anyone who has currently sailed out of that port share your experiences.

Thank You

We just got off the Golden this last Monday. We had an 11:40 flight and i was also worried because of all the warnings on here.

I went to the Passenger Services desk the first morning of the cruise (before they made the schedule and before we were placed in any group) and told them I needed an early group but we also needed to give our luggage to them , NOT walk off. She asked what time would be good for me. I chose 8:30 and that's exactly what I got.

We actually got off about 8:20, waited in a short line and were in our transportation to the airport by 9:10. We arrived by about 10:15 or so, even with the awful traffic.

If you ask for a 7:00 - 7:30 walk off, and have private transportation to the airport for 8:00 -8:15 you will be totally fine.

Have a wonderful cruise. The staff on the Golden is top notch. With all of these short cruises in a row they work so hard but are always upbeat and can't do enough for you! You'll LOVE it!