Teen room and key switch..?

tammymacb

I've sailed CCL multiple times, every time with my daughter, who I allow to bring a friend. Today, I was given different advice than the past from a CCL booking agent.

In the past, I've been able to book two rooms and have correct names on the room. I'd book a room for myself and DH and book a room directly across the hall for DD and her friend.

This time, I was told that becaue DDs friend isn't my child, I had to book and adult in each room with a child. So, DDs friend with me and DH and DD in a room. OK, in a way that's a plus as I've considered the cheers program for DH and I'm not much of a drinker so it would have been a total waste of money for me. Now, since I'm in a different room, I only have to buy for him.

But, here's my question. Will I have a problem getting correct room keys when we board. The CCL rep said we could easily change once we boarded, but I don't want incorrect keys and incorrect names on keys. It's annoying and I'd like to have everyone named in the correct rooms.

Anyone?

Do not quote me on this, but I saw on a review that someone had gotten an "entry only" key to her mom's room. Basically gave her access to the room, but no charges could be made. Since it won't matter what charges are made to each room, it might be something to look into.

Do not quote me on this, but I saw on a review that someone had gotten an "entry only" key to her mom's room. Basically gave her access to the room, but no charges could be made. Since it won't matter what charges are made to each room, it might be something to look into.

Yes, we've alway just gotten extra "entry keys".

Officially, DH or I had to be in the room with each teen.

But I understand there's some flexibility when it's teens traveling "with parents", ie the teens can be in a cabin "near the parents", but this time DD's friend is coming and since she's under 21, she must be listed in cabin with me (adult over 25).

My husband and I are travelling in Dec with my 13 yr old and her friend.

Our PVP told us there was no need to book an adult in each room and that I should just book the girls in their own room so that I didn't have to worry about changing keys.

I actually insisted that we put one child and one adult in each room for the same reason you spoke about....my husband wants to try the Cheers program but I don't drink enough to buy it. I wanted us separate so that he could buy it on his own.

My PVP claims that it could "be a pain" to switch keys, but we have adjoining rooms so I wasn't worried about it.

I'm not really sure why my PVP was under that impression....:confused:

At any rate, I wasn't concerned as I am sure it's easy enough to change :cool:

We've had it done different ways. On the Carnival Destiny they gave us extra keys to both rooms. On the Carnival Glory they just switched which room the key opened. Either way there was no problem in getting it done. On Carnival Freedom we had connecting rooms so we just left the door open between our rooms and didn't even bother to get extras or switching them.

We did this last summer on the Paradise with DD and her friend. I was booked with DD's friend and DH was booked with DD. Once on board we went to guest services and got "entry" keys. Voila! That was it. No questions asked!

Brenda (taz967)

It is really simple to change; we did it last summer and we will do it again in the Spring. DS's girlfriend is booked with me, DH is booked with our kids. Once we get on board we will go to guest services and they will switch GF and DH. We also don't have the kids spending linked to our credit cards. Each kid puts their own money on their cards. Carnival does it all the time so it is REALLY simple.

I know this is obvious but make sure that DH buys his cheers package before you make the changes.

Do not quote me on this, but

I saw on a review that someone had gotten an "entry only" key to her mom's room.

Basically gave her access to the room, but no charges could be made.

I have such a 'key' in my extensive collection of cruise-cards

- so yes, your situation can be remedied.

KEYonly.jpg

Edited by Aplmac

When we went over spring break we separated dh and I to get past guest rates. Once on board, they couldn't 'switch' us but they made extra keys of both rooms for us.

Last thanksgiving, we traveled with three other couples, some past guest, some new. Our PVP grouped us so there was at least one past guest in each cabin. Couples were split but only for a short time.

After checking in, they went to Guest Services and switched. Luggage tags were distributed so the luggage went to the right cabins so that didn't need to be dragged around.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Edited by ccruisequeen

WE too have gotten extra keys to the kids room when we booked them apart from us. On out 10/14 cruise I am booked with my friend.. she is a single and we a party of 3 so we booked 2 and 2. I booked in her room so we can both get cheers. I am however bummed I will have to carry 2 cards. One for entry to my room one for everything else. :( we will be fine though.