Riviera - self service laundry / delayed disembarkatio

suec12

Those are my questions! Does Riviera have a laundry room, like the smaller ships, where we can do our own laundry? and on the final day of the cruise, do they offer a delayed disembarkation for those with late flights out? Thanks!

Riviera and Marina both have a laundry with three washers and dryers on each floor. Look for the little clothes hanger on your deck layout plans to tell you where. Laundry detergent is provided, but bring your own dryer sheets. The machines take tokens, which you can get at the reception desk, and the fee will be added to your onboard account.

Typically disembarkation is no later than about 9 A.M., and you're on your own for the day. They need to turn around the ship for the next cruise. I have read some deviation from this in the South Pacific, but no where else. Sometimes O does offer a half day or full day tour for those with late flights, if there are enough in that situation, where you can leave your luggage aboard the bus while you visit the tour destinations. I'm in the same situation on our upcoming cruise, and was told we wouldn't know the status of these tours ntil we are aboard, however.

So as I understand the above reply - we can do our own laundry but there will be a (reasonable?) charge. That's good but I do think on Azamara it was free tho there were quite limited facilities - one per floor should be much better!

We were recently on a Celebrity cruise and I think for about $60 per person, you could stay on board for several hours but you had to get out of your cabin. But you could use the facilities and eat while you waited for your plane or wherever you were off to next.

Well you probably know this already;)

Different cruise lines have different options, rules, amenities etc...

The O class ships have several laundry rooms compared to the small R-class ships with 1 per ship....

the small $2 fee per machine will not break the bank in most cases:rolleyes:

Archived