Cancellation questions

Lorrie458

Without me calling carnival direct and getting frustrated I was wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me.

My husband and I will be sailing on carnival sensation in 13 days.

My brother and his GF decided to book also on 10/4/13. Everything was great until my brothers GF's grandmother assed away last week. on a whim they decided not to go on the cruise because of her distress. They didn't have insurance nd knew they would be penalized.

The cancelation letter stated $175 per person cancellation fee.

And it said that a refund of $357 will be credited back to my visa card.

My question is when you cancel and don't have insurance will the prepaid gratuties and port transfers be refunded too?

I can't understand how they can keep the $ for them but I can't find anywhere on the Internet saying that I will get that $ back too.

Today They decided to try to rebook the cruise. (I know they screwed themself out of $350 and they houdnt have jumped the gun but it's over and done with)

I told them that I can't rebook until I see that credit of $357 hit my visa card because I don't have enough to cover the cruise cost now.

So my 2nd question (even tho the letter said 10-14 days) for reimbursement, has anyone got their refund back in a week. I need to rebook ASAP and 14 das waiting on this refund just won't work! So right now I'm hoping or the best.

Since they still have their flights which are non refundable they are better to just rebook the cruise then not go at all and be out over $1,000 on this trip.

If anyone can give me any insite on these questions it old be appreciated!

I know this is a looooong shot, but is there any possible way for them to cancel the cancellation? As in just like reverse it? I know its asking alot of Carnival, but you may get a competent person that might be able to do this for you.

My brothers GF tried and they said they would have to rebook the complete booking :-(

From people I have asked they should get back the gratuities and hopefully the transfers.

I'm going to check my credit card everyday hoping tat the refund hits soon and they can

Rebook before the 17th.

The pre-paid gratuities and transfers will be refunded.

However, the refunds may not appear on your credit card statements for 4 to 6 weeks.

Without me calling carnival direct and getting frustrated I was wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me.

My husband and I will be sailing on carnival sensation in 13 days.

My brother and his GF decided to book also on 10/4/13. Everything was great until my brothers GF's grandmother assed away last week. on a whim they decided not to go on the cruise because of her distress. They didn't have insurance nd knew they would be penalized.

The cancelation letter stated $175 per person cancellation fee.

And it said that a refund of $357 will be credited back to my visa card.

My question is when you cancel and don't have insurance will the prepaid gratuties and port transfers be refunded too?

I can't understand how they can keep the $ for them but I can't find anywhere on the Internet saying that I will get that $ back too.

Today They decided to try to rebook the cruise. (I know they screwed themself out of $350 and they houdnt have jumped the gun but it's over and done with)

I told them that I can't rebook until I see that credit of $357 hit my visa card because I don't have enough to cover the cruise cost now.

So my 2nd question (even tho the letter said 10-14 days) for reimbursement, has anyone got their refund back in a week. I need to rebook ASAP and 14 das waiting on this refund just won't work! So right now I'm hoping or the best.

Since they still have their flights which are non refundable they are better to just rebook the cruise then not go at all and be out over $1,000 on this trip.

If anyone can give me any insite on these questions it old be appreciated!

The excursion is already showing pending on my Capitol one card and normally when a refund is pending it clears within days but I booked the cruise with my chase card and I've never had a refund posted to that card so all I can do is keep fingers crossed that it's not 4-6 weeks :-(

Thanks everyone!!!

• 2 months later...
The excursion is already showing pending on my Capitol one card and normally when a refund is pending it clears within days but I booked the cruise with my chase card and I've never had a refund posted to that card so all I can do is keep fingers crossed that it's not 4-6 weeks :-(

Thanks everyone!!!

Lorrie, if you see this - would you share how long it took to get the refund of the port fees, taxes & prepaid gratuties?

We had to cancel as my DD came down ill the day before we were suppose to board the ship. I've been waiting 3 weeks now for the refund. Since I went through a TA CCL will not talk to me directly, so I've not called to see what the delay is. Just wondered if the 4 - 6 weeks is normal.

I have travel ins, but they require proof of what Carnival reimbursed before my claim is processed. So I've been waiting and checking each morning hoping I can get everything filed and moving along.

I had also purchased the FTTF option, and that was refunded 2 weeks ago.

I would call Carnival and ask them to transfer the funds to a new booking.

I just did that recently, and I had to get a supervisor on the phone to do it. Explain the cancellation was due to a family death, and you weren't sure of timing schedules, etc. So you canceled and now it has worked out so they can go. They would rather your family go, than not go.

Good Luck!

Lorrie, if you see this - would you share how long it took to get the refund of the port fees, taxes & prepaid gratuties?

We had to cancel as my DD came down ill the day before we were suppose to board the ship. I've been waiting 3 weeks now for the refund. Since I went through a TA CCL will not talk to me directly, so I've not called to see what the delay is. Just wondered if the 4 - 6 weeks is normal.

I have travel ins, but they require proof of what Carnival reimbursed before my claim is processed. So I've been waiting and checking each morning hoping I can get everything filed and moving along.

I had also purchased the FTTF option, and that was refunded 2 weeks ago.

If it was one day before sailing, why would you expect a refund from Carnival? That's why you got your insurance, so they will refund you.

If it was one day before sailing, why would you expect a refund from Carnival? That's why you got your insurance, so they will refund you.

They probably need proof that Carnival did not refund anything. Then they can send that info to their insurance company.

And do keep an eye out for that refund. I cx a cruise 10 months before sailing. I, like a fool, just assumed that they had recredited the deposit to my card. I received an email in january stating that I had missed paying my balance by the due date. Luckily I had kept all of my tracking for the cancellation so I did not incur any fees.

Travel Guard stated they needed copies of any refunds I receive from Carnival. When the TA called to cancel my cruise CCL told them I would be refunded the port fees and prepaid gratuities.

I am not trying to get something for nothing here, and I'm not even complaining. I just want to file my ins claim. So, I simply asked when they cancelled their cruise and were waiting for the CCL portion how long it took out of curiosity.

Travel Guard stated they needed copies of any refunds I receive from Carnival. When the TA called to cancel my cruise CCL told them I would be refunded the port fees and prepaid gratuities.

I am not trying to get something for nothing here, and I'm not even complaining. I just want to file my ins claim. So, I simply asked when they cancelled their cruise and were waiting for the CCL portion how long it took out of curiosity.

But if Carnival doesn't send the fare, do they at least send a letter stating so? You can't prove you didn't get it if you didn't get it.

I knew taxes etc were refundable.