Noro Virus on the Legend 8/26-9/3

allener58

Both my husband and I were on this cruise and no sickness here.

Sorry you got sick but are you sure it is norovirus??? I know that when i eat too much weird/high fat/too much sauce food, it can really mess up my stomach.

This cruise I avoided alot of that stuff and ate salad, sandwiches cereal etc. No Chocolate melting cake. no high fat sugary desserts, etc. Which meant No stomach upset like the previous two cruises and since food isn't the main factor for me when it comes to cruising I still had a great cruise!!

This is the FIRST cruise were I havent ended up sick, along with not over indulging in the food I also sanitized the crap out of our cabin.

Again sorry you got sick..:(

Did anyone else get noro virus on this cruise. I got it on the last day and missed my flight home. had to stay in a hotel till I felt ok to fly. All in all a great cruise till the last day.

Sorry you got sick -- no fun!

But which dates?

Your title line says 8/26 - 9/3 but your "sailed" counter says 10/26/13.....?

I got noro virus, along with 7 other family members, on Christmas Eve one year... Not on a cruise. We were so sick we were all in the hospital Christmas Day getting IV treatment for the virus and for dehydration. They did do labs and we all tested positive for it. Noro virus is different from a regular stomach bug... I believed we were all going to die. My grandpa had to stay in the hospital for 5 days! I have great sympathy for anyone who gets this virus!

Sorry I miss typed Date of cruise was 10/26-11/3. I guess I'm still a little messed up:o I was diagnosed by the ships infirmary with noro virus. Just wondering if it was wide spread.

Wow, that's awful -- hope you are feeling better!

I hope they scrub, scrub, scrub that ship! I get on in 5 days!:eek:

Sorry you got sick but are you sure it is norovirus??? I know that when i eat too much weird/high fat/too much sauce food, it can really mess up my stomach.

quote]

Yikes, know what you mean since I have a sensitive and capricious GI system as well!

But, there is no comparison betweenthat kind of GI upset and a norovirus, which hits you like a Mack truck and keeps punching! I have taken care of several patients with a norovirus and they all said they thought they were going to die (and for a while they said they wished they would :o )

quote]

Yikes, know what you mean since I have a sensitive and capricious GI system as well!

But, there is no comparison betweenthat kind of GI upset and a norovirus, which hits you like a Mack truck and keeps punching! I have taken care of several patients with a norovirus and they all said they thought they were going to die (and for a while they said they wished they would :o )

Ya me too, I can eat wrong and then spend the next 24 hours in pain, in the restroom. Not pleasant! This cruise I chose my food wisely and had a great time!

Hope I never experience norovirus!

quote]

As someone unlucky enough to contract NV on a ship, diagnosed with the infirmary and registered with the CDC, I can truly attest to the fact that I really wondered if this is how it all ends!!

Not trying to start a peepee match, but if you eat wrong and feel bloated or sick to your stomach and remorseful about your food choices/quantities, it is nothing, repeat nothing, like NV.:(

I feel for you. One of the common symptoms, along with vomiting and diarrhea

is feeling like you are burning up, followed by the "chills". You are often left with a sore throat when the other symptoms leave. It is awful and so highly contagious. If you care for a family member who has it, it is almost certain that you will come down with symptoms within 36 hours.

I was not on this cruise but my DD came down with something when we were cruising. I got hit with it right after we got home. Don't know if it was officially NV but you are right, you think you are dying and wish you would. I had no idea she felt that bad and I had terrible mommy guilt on top of NV deathwish. Not fun.