Navigator 11/16/2014 will this be our last ?

This cruise will be our 17th. We only cruise from Galveston, and just returned from a 5 day CCL cruise, and I think we are starting to get somewhat bored with it. We eat too much, stay on our balcony a lot, and go to the shows..I cannot say for sure what the problem is, but am wondering if any of you are feeling the same way ? We are considering an AI that we would fly to, and would like opinions as to how that compares, although the cruise to me seems to be a better bargain. I would welcome any thoughts.

I think it's good to mix it up a little. That way I do appreciate all my vacations better. If I've done a lot of cruises in a row, I enjoy the land vacation (as I did this year--we didn't take a cruise in 2013 after 3 in 2012). Now that I've had 2 more "major" land vacations this year with another coming up for Christmas, I will be looking very much forward to our cruise in January.

Just like mixing up land vs. cruises, I also like to mix up the cruise lines. It keeps it fresh and exciting for me so I don't feel like the same old thing. Since you go out of Galveston all the time, I suspect the ports are getting old too. You might try vacations to other destinations. If you're thinking of flying to an island for an AI, you might also think of flying to a different port city and change it up a bit. Alaska is a great option--it's definitely not the Caribbean. You would be surprised how ACTIVE the state is. I know I was.

I think an AI in the Caribbean would be a little boring unless there is a specific area you thought you could spend 3+ days in for vacation.

Thanks for the good input..:)

I think it's good to mix it up a little. That way I do appreciate all my vacations better. If I've done a lot of cruises in a row, I enjoy the land vacation (as I did this year--we didn't take a cruise in 2013 after 3 in 2012). Now that I've had 2 more "major" land vacations this year with another coming up for Christmas, I will be looking very much forward to our cruise in January.

Just like mixing up land vs. cruises, I also like to mix up the cruise lines. It keeps it fresh and exciting for me so I don't feel like the same old thing. Since you go out of Galveston all the time, I suspect the ports are getting old too. You might try vacations to other destinations. If you're thinking of flying to an island for an AI, you might also think of flying to a different port city and change it up a bit. Alaska is a great option--it's definitely not the Caribbean. You would be surprised how ACTIVE the state is. I know I was.

I think an AI in the Caribbean would be a little boring unless there is a specific area you thought you could spend 3+ days in for vacation.

Sounds like you need a change of scenery more so than a change of type of vacation. I'd say try another cruise on a different itinerary; maybe southern caribbean. Treat it like a scouting trip for an AI in the future!

We also mix land and cruise vacations to keep things fresh. We're cruising in March for the first time in 4 years. We explored Ireland, England and Scotland in the non cruising years. Cruising is more laid back and relaxing so I'm looking forward to March. We love the Southern Carribean, well worth the plane fare to leave from Puerto Rico

We also mix land and cruise vacations to keep things fresh. We're cruising in March for the first time in 4 years. We explored Ireland, England and Scotland in the non cruising years. Cruising is more laid back and relaxing so I'm looking forward to March. We love the Southern Carribean, well worth the plane fare to leave from Puerto Rico

We try to mix it up. There's so many places we haven't been in just this country alone. The problem is that cruising is so damn easy especially when you're short on time for planning...Oh yea, and so damn cheap too. We're focusing on exploring west before we try anything east of Block Island. ;)

Please come over and join our Meet and Mingle. I booked this cruise because of a post you did mentioning Costa Maya-we also love that port. There are 3 of us posting so far!

We are starting to mix it up. We have a Panama Canal Cruise booked and we are looking at Alaska. Hate to fly but like you all we are starting to need some variety. :D

As you can see from my signature we also love to cruise and most of them were family style Easter week, etc. I can tell you we are ST Martin land vacationers and have gone there 6-8 years in a row, no family members. When we were there this past February after not going for 6 years it was not the same for us. During the day on the beach was wonderful but at night time you have to drive to various places for entertainment and now in my life I don't want to drive. All inclusive locations aren't for us and thats why we love ST Martin. With all that said when we were in ST Martin we both decided that a Cruise is better for us because of the size of the Ship (Oasis), stopping at a different locations, even tho we have been there, people watching, entertainment for all persons, food as far as we are concerned is very good, the rooms are spotless and by the time it is over we usually spend less than vacationing in ST Martin. I can understand your situation and we would like it if the cruise ships went back to the Southern destinations and not the same ships that go there now and we don't care for the Mexican route, so that leaves us with the same destinations. Good Luck whateve you choose. Ron and Carla

If I was healthy and happy, had the money, and retired, to cruise from the same port, basically the same area 17 times. Yes, we use cruises to the Bahamas(short getaways) and the east and west Caribbean a few times but not every year.

We have used cruises to see much of the world, where we could never afford to go to on a individual basis. We try and book cruises in combination with additional time(14+- days) either before or after a cruise, if it is to/from a place we want to see more of.

On our own had been the most satisfying trips, I hate, riding on buses with 50 people, and one night stands in hotels, but sometimes that cannot be avoided. We like to see places in depth, a local travel agency offer hub and spoke tours of many places where you stay 2 week in the same hotel, and with Breakfast and dinner daily, these have been very good.

Lots of choices out there.