Should I check in online if hoping for an upgrade?

mickev99

Hi everyone! Newbie here and cruise leaves Dec 8th. The ncl website says that I can check in now. I was hoping at some point to get an upgrade, so if I check in now, would that be able to happen? Should I wait or does that not make a difference?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone! Newbie here and cruise leaves Dec 8th. The ncl website says that I can check in now. I was hoping at some point to get an upgrade, so if I check in now, would that be able to happen? Should I wait or does that not make a difference?

Thanks!!

It's always a good idea to do your check in as soon as possible. So if any problems should arise, you'll have plenty of time to care of things. Checking in will not prevent from you from receiving any possible upgrades.

I am leaving on the sailing after you.......completing the online check in will not impact your chances of getting an upgrade. Your best bet is to watch the current prices for the category you are in. If you see that the price went down, contact NCL or your travel agent and ask to upgrade. You may be able to move up cabins for little to no additional money.

The prices on this sailing are really cheap, so I would say that if you booked early, you can probably already upgrade. Take action, don't wait for NCL to upgrade you.....try to make it happen! Good luck!

PS: take good care of the ship for us!

Kim

Thanks everyone! We are already all in mini suites (6 total for all family members), so I don't know if there's much chance, they show as sold out on my cruise. All my siblings have only one kid, so they each have 1 mini suite, but we have 3 kids, so we have 2 connecting mini suites...it sure would be nice to get upgraded to a family suite, though. Those are still too high at the moment, but there are 7 left, so I keep watching the prices. Right now it would be $1000 more according to the website prices, and we can't pay that.

Thanks for the info about check in. I'm a planning freak, so I'm going to go ahead an check in tonight!

Thanks!!

Are you going on the Pearl? If so, I am too :)

Oops, I forgot to say the ship. I'm going on the Jewel. Hey, how do I get one of those boxes with the ship and sale date on my profile?

Near the top of the page (above the banner ad), in the list of things in yellow is a Countdown Clocks option. That's what you want for the basic one.

Oops, I forgot to say the ship. I'm going on the Jewel. Hey, how do I get one of those boxes with the ship and sale date on my profile?

CLick on Countdown Clocks towards the top of your page. Create one and then copy and paste the code thingy into your signature in your profile.