Carribean Princess Questions

BrandonH

We have been on 5 cruises in the past, 4 with Carnival and 1 with Disney. Due to Princess now sailing from the Houston port we are looking into the February 8th cruise to Cozumel, Roatan, & Belize. We have never sailed with Princess so I am looking for any advice or opinions. We haven't booked yet, so my first question is when would be the best time to book? I did notice that todays price is slightly less than last week...would I benefit by waiting longer to book? It will be my wife and I along with another couple...we are all in our 30's and this will be our break from the kiddos. We are fans of interior rooms...all I plan to do in my room is sleep, so I like it to be as dark as possible. Is there a certain level that you can recommend for the stateroom?

I am looking for any and all advice concerning this ship or Princess in general.

Thanks,

Brandon

We have been on 5 cruises in the past, 4 with Carnival and 1 with Disney. Due to Princess now sailing from the Houston port we are looking into the February 8th cruise to Cozumel, Roatan, & Belize. We have never sailed with Princess so I am looking for any advice or opinions. We haven't booked yet, so my first question is when would be the best time to book? I did notice that todays price is slightly less than last week...would I benefit by waiting longer to book? It will be my wife and I along with another couple...we are all in our 30's and this will be our break from the kiddos. We are fans of interior rooms...all I plan to do in my room is sleep, so I like it to be as dark as possible. Is there a certain level that you can recommend for the stateroom?

I am looking for any and all advice concerning this ship or Princess in general.

Thanks,

Brandon

Early booking prices can be adjusted up until final payment date.

I recommend six specific inside cabins on Riviera deck. They are a tad larger, 182sft vs 162, and they have a much better layout.

There's only six and they are well known so they sell out early.

They are R403, R407 IB category and R507,R508, R514, R515 IC category.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CB

There are good pictures here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728255

Early booking prices can be adjusted up until final payment date.

I recommend six specific inside cabins on Riviera deck. They are a tad larger, 182sft vs 162, and they have a much better layout.

There's only six and they are well known so they sell out early.

They are R403, R407 IB category and R507,R508, R514, R515 IC category.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CB

There are good pictures here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728255

Thanks...those rooms look to be booked already. I am not too concerned with the room size as long as it has a bed and toilet:)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Plaza Deck is great for interior cabins.

Grab your cabin now, and if the price goes down between now and final payment you can usually get your price lowered to match.

Hi,

I was just wondering why Plaza Deck Insides are better. Also, does the same hold true for the Ruby, Emerald and Crown?

Thanks,

Another idea if interested is you can tour the ship while in port with the Bon Voyage Experience. Your $39 pp to tour is then put to a future cruise you book within 3 months. Might be an idea as it is in Houston now so you could tour it first. You get the run of the ship till 3pm, lunch with wine and your boarding photo.

We did this last March on the Crown to see what Princes was like and had a lot of fun touring but sure didn't like having to get off.... ;)

Hi,

I was just wondering why Plaza Deck Insides are better. Also, does the same hold true for the Ruby, Emerald and Crown?

Thanks,

Yes, holds true for all of those ships.

Better, in our view, because it is convenient to the Piazza, the IC, AT dining rooms, empty elevators, theatre is close by.....and quiet (not a lot of hall traffic.

We were very disappointed to learn that the new Royal would not have any Plaza Deck cabins.

Yes, holds true for all of those ships.

Better, in our view, because it is convenient to the Piazza, the IC, AT dining rooms, empty elevators, theatre is close by.....and quiet (not a lot of hall traffic.

We were very disappointed to learn that the new Royal would not have any Plaza Deck cabins.

Thanks for the input!! I agree on all points. :)

Another idea if interested is you can tour the ship while in port with the Bon Voyage Experience. Your $39 pp to tour is then put to a future cruise you book within 3 months. Might be an idea as it is in Houston now so you could tour it first. You get the run of the ship till 3pm, lunch with wine and your boarding photo.

We did this last March on the Crown to see what Princes was like and had a lot of fun touring but sure didn't like having to get off.... ;)

Great idea...I will look into this.

Here is the schedule for 2013. 2014 is not out yet. You can only book the BVE 60 days in advance.

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

...And the Caribbean Princess dates in Houston are listed at the very bottom of that page, under

"Star Princess in SEA Caribbean Princess in GLS" :D

Am on hold with Princess now trying to book the Bon Voyage. It isn't easy to find on their web site and even my Princess rep is having trouble finding it...Fingers crossed as it sounds fabulous!

Well the cruise is now booked. What are some of the biggest differences I will see between Carnival & Princess?

Princess is more laid back & not as much of an all day party atmosphere & I'm a beer drinker!! No kids running the halls all night, & better food. This is just my opinion, we have found it's a much better experience.

Steve

We were on a number of cruises before trying Princess--several Celebrity, several HAL and one Royal Caribbean. We were pleasantly surprised at our experience on Princess--so much so that we're booked on our third with the line. They're very similar to the other three we've sailed with--the differences are slight. Food and entertainment, for example, are pretty similar. Some highlights of Princess: handsome ships (we've been on Caribbean Princess and Golden Princess), Movies Under the Stars, huge closets in the staterooms (although I've only been in verandah rooms) and especially good service in the cafeteria.

In terms of the best time to book, we've found that the prices are the lowest far in advance and--depending how booked the trip is--towards the end.

Hope that helps! - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Brandon