Back to Carnival - Breeze ?'s

RedLightVegas

These are actually kind of Breeze / Carnival overall questions.

It's been a couple of years since we've been on a Carnival cruise and we've got one planned for Feb 2014. Couple of questions.

1) The brunch they offer on sea days - is there a charge for this or is it completmentary?

2) The CHEERS program, can you pay that per day, or is it like Norwegian where you have to pay for every day on the entire cruise? On sea days, I can see us drinking $50 worth of drinks each, on port days, not so much.

Also, what hotels in Miami are the best bang for your buck when you go? We've always driven down the morning of from Tampa, but this time we're going down the day before. Would it be better to stay somewhere by the port or the airport? I'd like somewhere where I can leave my car while we're gone and have a shuttle or taxi take us to/from.

Brunch is included.

Cheers is all or nothing, although they do allow you to purchase it on the second day. And everyone 21 or over in the cabin must purchase it.

I woyuld check out hotels with a park and cruise option -- check out stay23 dot com

Tried it did not work.

These are actually kind of Breeze / Carnival overall questions.

It's been a couple of years since we've been on a Carnival cruise and we've got one planned for Feb 2014. Couple of questions.

1) The brunch they offer on sea days - is there a charge for this or is it completmentary?

2) The CHEERS program, can you pay that per day, or is it like Norwegian where you have to pay for every day on the entire cruise? On sea days, I can see us drinking $50 worth of drinks each, on port days, not so much.

Also, what hotels in Miami are the best bang for your buck when you go? We've always driven down the morning of from Tampa, but this time we're going down the day before. Would it be better to stay somewhere by the port or the airport? I'd like somewhere where I can leave my car while we're gone and have a shuttle or taxi take us to/from.

I'll be going on Breeze May of 2014. DH and I are staying at the LaQuinta Miami Airport East. They have free shuttle from airport to the hotel and free shuttle from hotel to cruise terminal. I got my AAA rate of $110 (w/tax)..I think regular rate is about $115 to $120. Comes with the continental breakfast set up in the lobby which is good enough for us. Also has free wifi. Basic hotel good for one night. It says on website you can leave your car in their parking lot for up to 7 days.

http://www.laquintamiamiairporteast.com/

Edited by abisha