Shuttle Service MCO to Port Canaveral

bcsurvivor2001

Been reading lots of posts - but need something "current". Sailing on Freedom of the Seas 12/1-12/8/2013. Four (4) adults.

need good, reliable, affordable transportation between MCO and Port Canaveral. We have cruised out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale previously and simply "cabbed" it in...but this seem different. Too far for cab?

Google search gave tons of companies - but the reviews seem to be all over the place. Don't want to get there and start off on wrong foot.

So - any actual recommendations from those who have used any RECENTLY :p Much appreciated - can't wait.

So - any actual recommendations from those who have used any RECENTLY :p Much appreciated - can't wait.

I know you asked about a shuttle, but if you don't mind renting a car I strongly believe that is the best way to go. Especially if you fly in a day early. That gives you freedom to do what you want the evening before. We sailed on Freedom of the Seas last year. I had rental codes for discounts. I paid $50 total for a car to get me from MCO to Port Canaveral, and their was a Hertz right outside of our hotel. We stayed at Country Inn and Suites. We dropped the car the next morning at the rental place, which was about a mile from the pier, if that. We could see the ship from the hotel. Then they shuttled us to the pier. When we got off the ship, we caught a shuttle to another rental place close by, I can't recall the name but it was a different one, again it was around $50 for having the car for the day as a one way form the port to MCO. We picked up a car and headed back to Orlando. Our flight was late, so we did a little shopping and went to lunch before heading to the airport. We went on this trip with another family who did the shuttle route, and they got the the airport at 9 am and sat all day. We had a 6 pm flight. They were wishing they had rented a car. And the total for both ways, plus the gas and tolls was half what the four of them paid for their shuttle service. It is a very easy drive. If car renting seems like a hassle you won't want to do it, but to me the hassle of the paperwork and getting cars and turning them in was worth it for the savings and for the freedom of having our own wheels. And the car rental agencies have it down to a science for one way rentals to the port and then one way rentals back. Also, I often hear concerns about not having enough room for luggage. We had plenty of room in the trunk. We are not heavy packers, but we each had our own suitcase and a carry on.

Whatever you choose, have fun!! We loved the FOS.

We have done this on the Mariner and the Freedom, 2011 last time. A shuttle will cost $40 and up per person, yes it is the distance and most times they return empty. We always rent a car, the return office's are close to the Port and they will take you to the ship. We also do the rental on the return.