Chef's Table questions

TikkiTembo

Did the chefs table on the glory.... Can't wait to do it on the dream this time! Well worth every penny, and I didn't even drink wine last time. I thought the $75 includes gratuities (albeit, I still added more last time as the service was beyond phenomenal).

shonuf, when is yo fantasy cruise?

we be gwine the foteenth of decembruh!

oh and by brand X was it celebrity or chandris?

We'll be on in January, after Chef Russel returns from leave. Brand X was Celebrity, our least favorite cruise of all, except for our Butler, Chaz. Enjoy the CT.

We'll be on in January, after Chef Russel returns from leave. Brand X was Celebrity, our least favorite cruise of all, except for our Butler, Chaz. Enjoy the CT.

hi shonuf, thanks!

curious, why was celebrity your least fav cruise?

AND magpie, did you also try the steak house on the dream?

we loved it, but was disappointed in the service in the regular dining room on our dream cruise

• 1 month later...

we had 4 apps on two little plates in the galley

a 7 course dinner, the pea and turnip soup deal was just ok for me

everything else was super!

we had the wagyu, awesome, so was the tuna, yardbird and salmon

bread awesome, but skipping it would be advisable, I ate just a bit with each course figuring Id skip desert since I almost never order desert but I just had to try it and damn I ate about 70% of the desert and was near miserable after dinner too!

woo woo, if our buddies wanna do it we'd do it again in april but we shall see, we'd be on the fascination that cruise, who knows if the menu would change by then on the older ships

• 2 weeks later...

Sent a request to the event planner email address. Received an automated response almost immediately that we'd be contacted directly to let us know if it was available.

We've been twice before and I hadn't planned on doing it again in February. But my hubby of 22 years surprised me and was very disappointed that we weren't going to do it. I was going to wait for another menu change. Not that I didn't love the menu that they're serving currently.

it took a couple weeks or so to get our response from the maître'de

the first day on the ship I recognized one of the asst maître'de Oger pronounced oh her

I asked him and Im not sure if he'd seen the list but he told me they were going to have at least a couple tables during the cruise

our CC buddies that had gotten confirms earlier were at the first table, they had the chef's tables on port nights, grand turk was theirs, we did manage to have both formal nights on sea nights, so our table was I think on the half moon cay night ( 7 day cruise on the fantasy )

anyhoo, I saw they would work up their list of patrons, and have pics, of them, but what I don't know is, did they forget us temporarily....... another couple at our dinner table were doing the chefs table and they came to them during dinner the night before to confirm allergy and diet info, but they didn't come around and aks us..... so after dinner that night I approached the asst maître'de In our area to inquire, I did tell him we went thru the event planning with Freddy V the head MD instead of the blog thingy

anyway, we had 14 on our night, not sure if they added us in or planned it that way! I saw the list befor our cocktail gathering and they did not have our pics and a couple other peoples either but at least I's say 9 of the folks had their pics on the sheet

anyway the important thing was we got to do it! on some of our crusies before like on the fascination we waited to decide to do it and the thing was cancelled for lack of interest!

I did on the Pride last year and it was fabulous. What you should do is confirm when you get aboard.

I emailed and got a confirmation. Months before. But my paranoid self called for confirmation when I boarded the Pride. It turned out that they had booked me for a normal dinner at David's not the Chefs table. I lucked out and got it fixed.

yea we almost always visit the maitre'd on the first day to check out our table position in the dining room but the weather caused issues and when I went to the dining room I went to the wrong one!

I guess on the fantasy I needed to hit the aft dining room, instead of the center one. I went to the center one or maybe I was too late.

on the fascination we usually have to hit the center one, the fantasy chief MD is freddy verwaal on this last cruise and hit station is in the aft dining room

probably I just went too late and they were already prepping for dinner when I got there anyway even if I did go where I was supposed to be we always look to see where we are seated, type of table, number of seats etc.

I would have reconfirmed it then and probably should have checked with FV earlier when our other CC buddies said they had a table visit for their table. I would have loved to dine with that couple. I also think another couple of CC peeps on our roll call dined with them too. I guess we may have gotten overlooked for the first table but will never know. For sure we were overlooked until I said something that night at dinner. Many thanks to Bogsarian the other asst md! When I talked to him he didn't see our name on the list, but took my word for it that I gotten a confirm from Freddy. I suppose he checked it later with him, both guys were about 12 feet from our table most of the time. Our table being the second on the right up on the platform just inside the aft dining room on the Fantasy.

I am looking forward to doing the table again sometime but agree, I want to see a new menu the next time. I hear the rollout of the new menu starts this month supposedly.

Our next cruise we won't do the table on the FASC. I am looking at several cruises and lines for next pre-Christmas, if we do a carnival cruise it will probably be on a ship with a steak house so we'd do that instead. If we go NCL we'd probably do the Bistro, and maybe one other specialty. If we do celebrity, Holland America or princess probably just stick with dining room. Not sure on royal c what we'd try.